Disconnecting from cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    Our DirecTV bill was $148/month since they took off my $60/month loyalty credit last month. We had Prime Video anyway with our Prime account and had Netflix for years for movies/shows so the only new thing is Hulu live @ $53ish with taxes, etc so we are saving around $95/month. I will add HBO for $15/month when GOT comes back.

And we had already bought a new 65" TV at the beginning of the year...
    You gotta add in your internet service cost. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I'm at $275 for cable internet plus Netflix and Amazon Prime

I need to find a better way.
      Yep. I'm pushing $300. Time to make a change. I didn't even realize this until the wife went to looking for monthly savings since we'll be picking up another vehicle payment for my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        You gotta add in your internet service cost. LOL.
        I have internet service either way...

Comment

I have used both SlingTV and DirectvNow and the packages available for DirectvNow fit me and my son's needs better. I don't think I'm missing anything and can record, watch on my phone or tablet, and don't need a cable box - just a power outlet and a simple Roku stick and I'm good. The quality and buffering issues that were apparent a few years ago are almost non-existent now and I'm saving about $100 per month. Hulu, YouTube, and PlayStation also offer similar service.

Comment

We did this a few years ago. We were paying $125ish for directv. Switched to Hulu Live and Netflix for about $65. So we save about $60/month. We won't turn back. Have all the same channels and sports we watched on Directv without the extra BS channels. Also AT&T ran a special that included the HBO package on DirectTV Now with our phone plan. We don't regret it one bit.

Comment

I’ve been tossing around doing away with all of it. The only hesitation is MMA.

Comment

Which Sling TV package and what add ons are you folks using???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did directtvnow for a bit as I like the guide, but our still paying $70 with local channels and the sports packages. Went to Hulu as its only $40.

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
                  I have used both SlingTV and DirectvNow and the packages available for DirectvNow fit me and my son's needs better. I don't think I'm missing anything and can record, watch on my phone or tablet, and don't need a cable box - just a power outlet and a simple Roku stick and I'm good. The quality and buffering issues that were apparent a few years ago are almost non-existent now and I'm saving about $100 per month. Hulu, YouTube, and PlayStation also offer similar service.

Comment

Cut the cord - just do it and save money.

There's several options for for live TV streaming service & several options for sticks/boxes to plug into your TV to run the streaming apps. It can be confusing at first, but the sticks are cheap (start around $30) and the various services all offer a free trial & they are month to month - so no contracts required. You could try out every stick and every TV service combination over a few months & still save money every single month over what you were paying for satellite, cable, Uverse, etc.

I tried several options at first & am now running DirecTVNow full time on various sticks around the house (Fire stick in living room & bedroom, older Roku stick in game room.)

Also have a digital antenna for local channels but rarely use it since most streaming TV services now offer up the local channels as well.

Comment

Anyone checked out SWOOP TV? BIL has it. Has over 700 channels to include all premium, NFL, MLB, UFC, etc...for $19 monthly. I have to get a fire stick for my set up first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For you guys with Direct Tv Now, are you getting local news on ABC, CBS, and Fox?

Comment

Yes, you get local channels. But check the packages, direct tv now offers multiple to choose from.

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                          For you guys with Direct Tv Now, are you getting local news on ABC, CBS, and Fox?

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                            What does everyone watch on Amazon prime? The only thing I see included with it is old movies. Everything else costs more money.
                            Movies not so much but some of their prime originals TV are good: bosch, Goliath, Sneaky Pete, The Man in the High Castle, Jack Ryan....

Comment

I don't have internet. Dish bill about 65.00 month. I'm wanting to drop it and use a outside antenna but the wife ain't on board.

Comment

Does anyone have any input on the Amazon Fire TV Box Vs. Amazon Fire TV Cube? I see a lot of people having issues with the cube but, it has more functions than the box. The box is faster though.

Comment

Working...
                                X