Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Never Forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I showed a tribute video to my class this morning because none of them were born when it happened and gave them a small speech about being united as AMERICANS...can't believe it was that long ago

I was teaching a geography class when our principal came on the loudspeaker and told us to turn on our tv's...i will never forget

Comment

Never Forget.

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post

Technically, it should be 344...

There was a Volunteer Firefighter, from New Jersey , who worked in one of the towers, and joined up with FDNY to help evacuate the citizens.

I hope bobby ortiz can find some info, and help share his story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless the 2,977 people who died and I pray comfort their families.

I lost 2 guys from high school, say a prayer for them.

My wife and coworkers put this up at work in the courthouse.

Comment

a girl I went to HS with was 3 months pregnant (son) and lost her husband on 9/11.
          RIP Micheal Pescherine was a bond trader at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods and worked on the 89th floor of WTC2 South Tower.
          I pray for their families often, especially for a young man who never got the chance to meet his father.

http://www.legacy.com/Sept11/Story.a...273&location=1

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            I will never forget what those evil ******* Muslims did to our brothers and sisters.
            Amen!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            God Bless America!
            Anyone that can't stand for THAT flag is not an American as far as I am concerned... how far have we come...
            And Amen!

Comment

Our nation has surely forgotten. NEVER show the footage on TV, NEVER show the pictures on TV...……...really sad and poor decision making by our so-called leaders!
              I had two acquaintances that died in Tower 1 on that day, both were traders and good friends of my sister. Horrible day that should truly live in infamy!!!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	911photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24552110

Comment

This from the Museum.
                016 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

IMG9580311920852678 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

On my first visit to Ground Zero since driving into lower Manhattan the evening of Saturday, Sept. 22 seeing the devastation- after burying my father who died of cancer in NJ on Sept.16 I sat on the benches between the 2 foundation memorials. The tree lines marked the edge of the buildings. In the quiet of a lovely June evening I realized I was sitting where people who jumped had died hitting the ground. No words can describe the emotion.

Comment

Amen

Comment

I still vividly remember stepping out of my truck at work and the secretary telling me that a plane crashed into one of the twin towers in NY. When I got home from work that day I sat in front of the TV till I went to bed and did the same thing after work the next day. Couldn't believe it happened. Remember how angry I felt and how I got goose bumps when W told the world that there isn't any place to hide that we will hunt those down responsible for the attacks. And that those harboring these people would be treated the same! USA!!!!
                      Last edited by Dakota7493; 09-11-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I was at work in the kitchen watching the news on the TV and saw the second plane hit live... I'll never forget the knot in my gut. Though different, it is a big a benchmark in this country as December 7/Pearl Harbor... Life-changing/country-altering moments in our time. My office was near the IAH here in Houston, and it was an eerie sound of silence when W grounded all aircraft... no planes coming/going, nothing but silence... gives me chills thinking about it now. Can't believe it has been 17 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Our nation has surely forgotten. NEVER show the footage on TV, NEVER show the pictures on TV...……...really sad and poor decision making by our so-called leaders!
                          I had two acquaintances that died in Tower 1 on that day, both were traders and good friends of my sister. Horrible day that should truly live in infamy!!!
                          [ATTACH]924001[/ATTACH]

Ain't that the **** truth!!!

Comment

I was only 6 years old but remember that day down to the smallest details. That day is one of the biggest reasons I joined the fire service as soon as I turned 18.

Comment

Man I’m blown away the amount of people that believe it was a inside job from all the comments on social media.

Is there really that large of a population convinced Bush did it and our government is reaponsiable?

Comment

I’m hoping for thumbs-ups driving home and ready to address anybody else.

RIP Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X