Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2018 College Football -Week 3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 College Football -Week 3

The offense is a big problem, but....

Texas’ defense has allowed 21 explosive plays in the first 2 games, 8 have been handoffs to the jet sweep motion (38%). Texas’ opponents are averaging 8.4 yds per play when they handoff to the jet sweep. Texas’ D has allowed 7 TDs this season, 3 have come off jet sweep handoffs

They’ll be in front of a packed house and a ton of recruits this weekend. For a non conference game, it feels like a must win to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Chad C; 09-13-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

KU is favored over Rutgers

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

I'd love to see KU get another W

Comment

The offense is a big problem, but....

Texas’ defense has allowed 21 explosive plays in the first 2 games, 8 have been handoffs to the jet sweep motion (38%). Texas’ opponents are averaging 8.4 yds per play when they handoff to the jet sweep. Texas’ D has allowed 7 TDs this season, 3 have come off jet sweep handoffs

They’ll be in front of a packed house and a ton of recruits this weekend. For a non conference game, it feels like a must win to me.

I think Texas wins this one 17-10. Home field advantage will be on display. The defense will get a key turnover off the 18 year old true freshman QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Not even close.
            Pics or it didn’t happen.

Comment

remember the name … Pooka Williams , he's a game changer Watched this kid in HS and he's electric when on the field. He can take it to the house anytime he touches the football. Unfortunately his eligibility is considered "game to game" due to academic clearing house issues. LSU passed on him fearing he wouldn't qualify. Kansas hired a well respected HS coach from NOLA several years ago as they are signing very nice talent from the Crescent City.

Pooka was the 2017 Mr. Football in Louisiana. He played in 5 playoff games his Sr. year and rushed for 1,384 yards and 14 touchdowns, including three 300-yard games . FYI - Williams finished with 259 more rushing yards and 13 more touchdowns in 2017 than Leonard Fournette had in his senior season at St. Augustine in 2013.

Pooka's team lost in the Class 5A State title game, as he ended his senior season with 3,118 rushing yards and 38 touchdowns.
              Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-13-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

No prediction this week. Just gonna enjoy my Saturday in the rain and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  remember the name … Pooka Williams , he's a game changer Watched this kid in HS and he's electric when on the field. He can take it to the house anytime he touches the football. Unfortunately his eligibility is considered "game to game" due to academic clearing house issues.
                  Serious question. How can he be game to game? I would think you either qualify or you don't? If he wasn't academically qualified, how could they offer him?

I've never heard of this scenario before so that's why I'm asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    No prediction this week. Just gonna enjoy my Saturday in the rain and see what happens.
                    Kinda where I'm at......It's put up or shut up time in Funkytown!

Frogs will cover

Comment

More fodder for the gamblers....GP is 8-1 ATS as a double digit dog

Comment

Great article. He does a great job of putting into perspective what its like to be a CFB QB.

Comment

I’m going to guess practically everyone on here has bent down to pick up something off the floorboard. We could’ve all been QBs.

Comment

I picked KU to win. That means they will probably lose, lol. USC VS Texas is a serious Toss up. I might have to roll the 20 sided dice and see.

Comment

Wake and BC is at 4:30 central?

Comment

Working...
                              X