No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Texans Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob is not a good head coach, very poor at halftime adjustments, and the team is not strong in any area. They are average at best in a few spots. He needs to go. The team continues to make the playoffs because they are in the worst division in football.

Comment

2018 Houston Texans Season thread

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Other than the fact that it was a huge failure you go for the high percentage play in that situation. It’s kinda a no Brainer even my 8 yr old said “dad why didn’t they run the ball”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought it was a good call. They didn’t go for the run because they coverd the run. It’s what was expected. Watson made a bad throw on what would have probably been a TD. I agree with other guys,BoB is a mediocre coach at best. The AFC South hides a lot of the Texans’ inadequacy and it gets exposed when they play post-season out of that division. We have no O line, weak d- backs, depleted receiver corps. Way too many issues to fix any time soon. I’m a Texans fan but I’m sick of the mediocrity. They showed up unprepared today and that’s on one person.... BoB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Rcole1310; 01-05-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        His worst game all year but it’s the Coach’s fault lol

It was a bad game all the way around from coaching, Watson throwing crappy passes downfield off his back foot, dropped passes, absolute ****ty secondary etc etc. I'm not basing O'Brien soon to be getting fired off of one ****ty call but for his style of coaching this year, last year and beyond. Yes they have had winning records but that will be the extent of it. If you want to settle then keep O'Brien I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Houston and Dallas needs new coaches

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Bob is not a good head coach, very poor at halftime adjustments, and the team is not strong in any area. They are average at best in a few spots. He needs to go. The team continues to make the playoffs because they are in the worst division in football.
            So what you’re saying is they suck? We already know that. How bout them Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              So what you’re saying is they suck? We already know that. How bout them Cowboys!
              See y'all at the dome.
              I hear those choppas cranking up now.
              Chop chop choppa style!!!

Comment

Lol, great breakdown of Quenton Nelson owning the Texans DL yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1081894675596931072

Comment

Is RTP still boycotting the NFL? Asking for a friend?..

Boycott in public, watch in private
                  Last edited by Smart; 01-06-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Houston and Dallas needs new coaches
                    Dallas needs a new owner.

Comment

How the hell did this Baltimore team get in the playoffs? Is the AFC that bad?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Sometime this offseason
                          Attached Files

Comment

Come on guys....

He just needs to find a way to coach better.....

rinse, Lather, Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              It was a bad game all the way around from coaching, Watson throwing crappy passes downfield off his back foot, dropped passes, absolute ****ty secondary etc etc. I'm not basing O'Brien soon to be getting fired off of one ****ty call but for his style of coaching this year, last year and beyond. Yes they have had winning records but that will be the extent of it. If you want to settle then keep O'Brien I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10-4 I made a long post about why I still ride with OB and Gaine. I’m bummed and still ******. Can’t do anything but hope for the future.

I’m not saying that one play call is or isn’t a reason to fire him. I was merely saying those that cry about his play calling have the ability to always know if the play worked or not. You can sing that you would have done this or done that, but we are sideline Monday morning qb’s then. The guy was open, the play call was right just not executed. Like y’all I wouldn’t have minded a zone read run option with Deshaun and the running back. Our line sucked though so those saying just go get the 1 yard by running the ball was no where near guaranteed. I’m not saying OB is a great play caller, I think he has good games and average games and sometimes bad. He makes dumb mistakes, has poor game management at time and calls bad timeouts.... but literally every other coach suffers those same pitfalls throughout the year.

In anyway how has he mismanaged this team in the past or this year? Let’s look at years past. He piece mealed mediocre to below average qb’s to 9-7 seasons. Everyone said let’s get him a qb and see what he can do. We get Deshaun, offense is opened up but then he gets hurt along with the rest of the team, 4-12 season.

2018: begins opening up the offense and realizes quick that our line is not near good enough yet. Watson Hurt early and forced into a conservative game plan. Losing the starting right tackle 1 game in is never ideal. Our line ended up ranking 23rd in the league. Below average, and somewhat limiting the game plan at times. Let’s not forget we lost our big play threat at wide receiver with Fuller, the next option in DT who we traded for tore his Achilles. So our offense in the playoff game we had Hopkins who was banged up ankle and grade 3 ac joint sprain, a rookie in Coutee playing in his 5th game ever, rookie Vincent smith who has 5 catches in the nfl and who also dropped a huge play in the first quarter in the red zone( execution... but somehow someone believes it’s O’Brien’s fault the guy dropped the ball on the 5)

Defense is what lost us the game though and became a huge liability late season. Losing Kevin Johnson to injury early, Colvin’s high ankle, Webster’s quad; the corners suffered across the board. This made us have to play both Kareem Jackson and Tyran Mathieu out of their optimum positions. apparent in watching the other playoff teams, we lack speed/athleticism in the secondary and the LB’s. We could very rarely go man and be successful. The Texans were still 11-6, 4 of those losses coming to playoff teams and another to a 9-7 team. We lost to the colts who are 10 and 1 in the last 11 games with Andrew luck playing at an MVP level and Deshaun having his worst game of the year. And actually after the weekend 4 of our losses came to teams in the second level of the playoffs.

Let’s hear this division sucks chants some more. Did y’all know the AFC south is the only division in the NFL the last 4 years that every team in the division has won a playoff game?? The AFC south was the toughest AFC division this year top to bottom.. and we won it. The division sucks being a reason for the winning record is not a high priority on my list of reasons to hate a coaches success.

Across the board OB is generally thought of as a good head coach within the front offices and respected by the coaches and players alike. When there were talks of the hot seat last off season he was said to be every other searching teams top head coach choice. I’m sorry but if you fire a coach that immediately becomes the hottest commodity on the market it is not a smart choice. Maybe when or if we get to lame duck status. Similar to where Andy Reid was in Philly, but we are no where near that yet. The team and players play hard for OB. They have his back and have continually voiced that. Regardless of what y’all think OB he bought himself time when Gaine was hired as the GM last year. Brian Gaine stems from the Bill Parcels coaching tree and has shown some promising signs. He’s a grinder and football guru, grew up through the trenches of coaching and player personnel. We got tons of return on this last draft and didn’t start til the 3rd round. I’m excited to see what we do with lots of early picks this year. We got at least 2 more years of O’Brien barring a disaster next year with his extension and gaines hiring... regardless of what all the sideline qb’s think, so you might as well stick your head in the sand if OB bothers y’all that much or become a cowboys fan.

I’m not an O’Brien homer. I do think he is a good coach though. You don’t have 4 out of 5 winning season in the NFL and not be a good coach. That’s just delusional to think. He is far from perfect and makes tons of mistakes, but he learns from them and looks to improve on those mistakes every time. I’m not ready to move on from OB til I know we have a sure fire improvement coming in. Kyle Shannahan would have been someone I would have considered but he was not interested do to Rick Smith still being here. There arnt just a ton of coaches out there that give you an immediate upgrade over OB.

2019:

I expect OL depth and speed Cb’s to be a priority. I expect them to resign either Jackson or Mathieu. Probably Jackson cheaper. I think they will make an offer to extend Clowney.

Coaching... the staff has been hesitant to let anyone other than OB and Ryan, the qb coach, to work with Watson. Hiring an OC only to have him sniped and hired away the next year after running a Watson led offense has been the fear. I do expect another offensive mind to be brought in. I think at least some movement on the defensive side of the staff. Romeo is aging, I would like to see a young guy like Bowles come in and join the staff.

I apologize for any arguing when it comes to the Texans. I’m going to rock them ride or die.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                10-4 I made a long post about why I still ride with OB and Gaine. I’m bummed and still ******. Can’t do anything but hope for the future.

I’m not saying that one play call is or isn’t a reason to fire him. I was merely saying those that cry about his play calling have the ability to always know if the play worked or not. You can sing that you would have done this or done that, but we are sideline Monday morning qb’s then. The guy was open, the play call was right just not executed. Like y’all I wouldn’t have minded a zone read run option with Deshaun and the running back. Our line sucked though so those saying just go get the 1 yard by running the ball was no where near guaranteed. I’m not saying OB is a great play caller, I think he has good games and average games and sometimes bad. He makes dumb mistakes, has poor game management at time and calls bad timeouts.... but literally every other coach suffers those same pitfalls throughout the year.

In anyway how has he mismanaged this team in the past or this year? Let’s look at years past. He piece mealed mediocre to below average qb’s to 9-7 seasons. Everyone said let’s get him a qb and see what he can do. We get Deshaun, offense is opened up but then he gets hurt along with the rest of the team, 4-12 season.

2018: begins opening up the offense and realizes quick that our line is not near good enough yet. Watson Hurt early and forced into a conservative game plan. Losing the starting right tackle 1 game in is never ideal. Our line ended up ranking 23rd in the league. Below average, and somewhat limiting the game plan at times. Let’s not forget we lost our big play threat at wide receiver with Fuller, the next option in DT who we traded for tore his Achilles. So our offense in the playoff game we had Hopkins who was banged up ankle and grade 3 ac joint sprain, a rookie in Coutee playing in his 5th game ever, rookie Vincent smith who has 5 catches in the nfl and who also dropped a huge play in the first quarter in the red zone( execution... but somehow someone believes it’s O’Brien’s fault the guy dropped the ball on the 5)

Defense is what lost us the game though and became a huge liability late season. Losing Kevin Johnson to injury early, Colvin’s high ankle, Webster’s quad; the corners suffered across the board. This made us have to play both Kareem Jackson and Tyran Mathieu out of their optimum positions. apparent in watching the other playoff teams, we lack speed/athleticism in the secondary and the LB’s. We could very rarely go man and be successful. The Texans were still 11-6, 4 of those losses coming to playoff teams and another to a 9-7 team. We lost to the colts who are 10 and 1 in the last 11 games with Andrew luck playing at an MVP level and Deshaun having his worst game of the year. And actually after the weekend 4 of our losses came to teams in the second level of the playoffs.

Let’s hear this division sucks chants some more. Did y’all know the AFC south is the only division in the NFL the last 4 years that every team in the division has won a playoff game?? The AFC south was the toughest AFC division this year top to bottom.. and we won it. The division sucks being a reason for the winning record is not a high priority on my list of reasons to hate a coaches success.

Across the board OB is generally thought of as a good head coach within the front offices and respected by the coaches and players alike. When there were talks of the hot seat last off season he was said to be every other searching teams top head coach choice. I’m sorry but if you fire a coach that immediately becomes the hottest commodity on the market it is not a smart choice. Maybe when or if we get to lame duck status. Similar to where Andy Reid was in Philly, but we are no where near that yet. The team and players play hard for OB. They have his back and have continually voiced that. Regardless of what y’all think OB he bought himself time when Gaine was hired as the GM last year. Brian Gaine stems from the Bill Parcels coaching tree and has shown some promising signs. He’s a grinder and football guru, grew up through the trenches of coaching and player personnel. We got tons of return on this last draft and didn’t start til the 3rd round. I’m excited to see what we do with lots of early picks this year. We got at least 2 more years of O’Brien barring a disaster next year with his extension and gaines hiring... regardless of what all the sideline qb’s think, so you might as well stick your head in the sand if OB bothers y’all that much or become a cowboys fan.

I’m not an O’Brien homer. I do think he is a good coach though. You don’t have 4 out of 5 winning season in the NFL and not be a good coach. That’s just delusional to think. He is far from perfect and makes tons of mistakes, but he learns from them and looks to improve on those mistakes every time. I’m not ready to move on from OB til I know we have a sure fire improvement coming in. Kyle Shannahan would have been someone I would have considered but he was not interested do to Rick Smith still being here. There arnt just a ton of coaches out there that give you an immediate upgrade over OB.

2019:

I expect OL depth and speed Cb’s to be a priority. I expect them to resign either Jackson or Mathieu. Probably Jackson cheaper. I think they will make an offer to extend Clowney.

Coaching... the staff has been hesitant to let anyone other than OB and Ryan, the qb coach, to work with Watson. Hiring an OC only to have him sniped and hired away the next year after running a Watson led offense has been the fear. I do expect another offensive mind to be brought in. I think at least some movement on the defensive side of the staff. Romeo is aging, I would like to see a young guy like Bowles come in and join the staff.

I apologize for any arguing when it comes to the Texans. I’m going to rock them ride or die.

They are a mediocre franchise, plain and simple....18 years in and no really threat to be anything more than they are now...

Does Romeo know what a blitz is?

Comment

Working...
                                X