• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For headlamps, these two are good
    Petzl Tikka not as bright as the Actik but has a longer run time
    Petzl Actik

For flashlights:
    Malkoff flashlights (not cheap)
    Hard Anodized Black MDC (Malkoff Daily Carry) 115 Lumen, 1AA Flashlight. This is a multimode light. Modes are LowLow-Low-High. It always comes on in LowLow. Choose Cool color tint or Neutral color tint from the drop down menu above. These are Black Type III Hard Anodized finish. They are fully potted and use the same r

Hard Anodized Black MDC (Malkoff Daily Carry) 2AA Flashlight.  This is a tailcap switch activated 210-300 Lumen, multimode light.  The Modes are Low-Med-High.  It always comes on in Low. It will easily illuminate objects at 200+ feet. The LED is a White (5700K) or Neutral (4000K 95 CRI) Luminous SST-20  . This flashlig

Comment

Another one for Fenix. I have been running the same headlamp for about 5 years now. It lights everything up.

Comment

El Cheapo energizer headlamps at Academy and darn good for the $10-$15 they set you back. Been using for several years now. I never use a flashlight anymore - headlamp 100% of the time.

Comment

Black diamond spot

Comment

I have heard good things about Petzl, but I have Black Diamond (A couple pairs), and love the product.

Comment

I bought a Black Diamond Storm and have been so impressed I own 3 now. You can find them cheaper on Ebay sometimes.

Comment

I am a flashlight junkie. We have been using Browning Nitro headlamps for years. I have one that it 10+ years old. Stays in my truck and i have never done anything to it besides change the battery. I used to spend money on Surefire and Fenix flashlights. I tried several Thorfire lights off Amazon. They are every bit as good as my surefire lights and they are cheap. Good luck.

Comment

Coast headlamps have held up well and you can find pretty good deals on them at Costco/Sams.

Comment

This is my favorite flashlight. Its hella bright, really high quality at a good price. I carry it daily
                    Fenix TK15UE 1000 Lumen CREE LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NQQYZ2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Comment

The quantum set from harbor freight! 10 bucks a piece, both are super bright and run off AA or AAA batteries, the flashlight is 580 lumens!! I keep them in the truck as throwaways but they are awesome for the price!

Comment

fenix, you will not regret it

Comment

Petzl
                          Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 09-12-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Petal. sorry bout that, double post.
                            Last edited by lunatic'hunter; 09-12-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Has several settings. Lights up the whole woods if you want to. Tough flashlights also.

Comment

I've got the Sniper one. It's great if you really want to light things up. I use it when I kayak into the marsh like a spotlight. I use a Black Diamond one for general use like walking to the blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X