Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the name of Texas to Tejas next

Comment

State Board of Education meets next week in the TRAVIS Building. I'm sure some of them would like to rename that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
        State Board of Education meets next week in the TRAVIS Building. I'm sure some of them would like to rename that too.
        Yea, they think that's Randy Travis....

Comment

A couple of years back there was a push in Austin to change Bowie St (in honor of Alamo hero Jim Bowie) to David Bowie St (after the deceased music artist).

I'd feel better if we moved the current state capitol to the original site - Washington on the Brazos!

Comment

No.... not in Texas...

Not Up in Here!

Comment

No.... not in Texas...

Not Up in Here!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                Yea, they think that's Randy Travis....
                Or the boy who had to shoot Old Yeller.

Comment

Today our educators are the product of the Bill Ayers Teaching Doctrine. LWL's have been raging an insergentcy war placing their teachers in the position to teach our children their doctrine. They need their teaching credentials taken away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    Today our educators are the product of the Bill Ayers Teaching Doctrine. LWL's have been raging an insergentcy war placing their teachers in the position to teach our children their doctrine. They need their teaching credentials taken away from them.

Not all of em...

Not while I’m still teaching.

Comment

Another reason I have my kids homeschooled or private schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        According to new members of the State Board of Education, they want the word heroic removed from the standards taught to 7th grade students about the siege of The Alamo

Also, they want the Travis letter from The Alamo to be removed altogether from teachings.....

Just another example of people trying to rewrite history......

I cant see Gov Abbott of letting this stand

SMDH

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/07...l-advises.html
                        It is a panel that is recommending this to the full board. Have you called or emailed your SBOE representative to ask them to vote against it? I did.

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        Look up Abbot's tweet about it, he lambasted them and said all constituents should contact there state board of education rep.

Pres. Bush also posted a very negative view of the situation...

More and more I feel like my wife and I are going to have to buy some older history books with less lib influence and make a point to teach history at home when we have kids.

I've already heard "revisionist" accounts of the Trump ellection... Making it sound like he was an underdog to start with and was winning in the media...

No. George P. Bush is Jeb Bush's son. He spoke against it.

Comment

Bull Hockey. They do that at my school and Holly Hell will erupt!

Comment

What!!!! I’m sure they aren’t native Texans wanting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              We should pass a law that states, "No citizen, with liberal ideals, shall live outside the states of Utah, California, Minnesota, New York, or Oregon". Of course, you can add Puerto Rico and Hawaii to that list as well.
                              Speedgoat---you left out Massachusetts---

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                                The migration has been going on for years and getting worse. Look at the hill country and see all those rooftops and mansions on the hill tops, and those people from Kalifornika sell their cracker box homes for unbelievable amounts of money, and then come to the hill country and buy a house or have one built on a hilltop, and their old cramped home would fit three times inside that new home, and have thousands if not millions of dollars left over, without having to pay all the taxes, for one of the reasons they moved.
                                Then, they still want to change Texas to be just like the state they just left, while reaping the benefits, which given time under their beliefs, will change our state into what they left.....I think you would have to call that insanity.

All I have to say is no proud native Texan would condone or support that proposal!
                                True story. If you want a example just look at Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                                X