Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    It’s quality BBQ. Sauce is for crap BBQ

While I do agree that good BBQ doesn’t need sauce, I personally like a little BBQ sauce on the side occasionally. Especially on a po-boy.

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Future son in law was at the Shack the other day. He said it was legit. The pictures looked to be solid.

It's a great time to be a bbq lover in Texas. There are great spots everywhere now which used to not be the case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Future son in law was at the Shack the other day. He said it was legit. The pictures looked to be solid.

It's a great time to be a bbq lover in Texas. There are great spots everywhere now which used to not be the case.

The shack is legit. Their sausage is actually better than Evie Mae's. Evie Mae's still has the best brisket I have ever had. I have made it to 38 of the top 50 this year and they are above them all. Too bad the Shack and Evie Mae's are both closed on Monday. It is really cutting down my consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            The shack is legit. Their sausage is actually better than Evie Mae's. Evie Mae's still has the best brisket I have ever had. I have made it to 38 of the top 50 this year and they are above them all. Too bad the Shack and Evie Mae's are both closed on Monday. It is really cutting down my consumption.
            Imho brisket is like many other things. Once you get it to the top level it can't be beat, only tied. It's impossible to say which is best. I rarely cook brisket anymore because there are 10 places within 30 miles of my house that are top notch.

38 of the top 50. Impressive.

Just curious, have you been to Snows, Franklin or City Market?

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 05-24-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Imho brisket is like many other things. Once you get it to the top level it can't be beat, only tied. It's impossible to say which is best.

No truer words have ever been spoken. So many are chasing something that doesn't exist.

Comment

Imho brisket is like many other things. Once you get it to the top level it can't be beat, only tied. It's impossible to say which is best. I rarely cook brisket anymore because there are 10 places within 30 miles of my house that are top notch.

you cant beat snows!

Comment

Yes, all of them.
                  Come to Lubbock and I will show you how good it is in person.

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
                    Imho brisket is like many other things. Once you get it to the top level it can't be beat, only tied. It's impossible to say which is best.

No truer words have ever been spoken. So many are chasing something that doesn't exist.
                    I agree that those with the gift of making amazing brisket are hard to judge as to who is better. It just comes down to personal choice. I am always willing to go try something else. Texas Monthly included a new section this year that included small venues. Two of them are within a hundred miles of Lubbock. They nailed it with both. I personally appreciate a place that can fix cars and put out amazing food.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                      Yes, all of them.

Come to Lubbock and I will show you how good it is in person.
                      I'm sure it's as good....I doubt it's better.

As another stated, you can't beat Snows. Imho it's not fair as they are only open on Saturdays and run out quickly.

How bout the ribs?

Comment

My wife and I did all 50 in 62 days. Got a room full of yetis now lol.

Comment

As another stated, you can't beat Snows. Imho it's not fair as they are only open on Saturdays and run out quickly.

How bout the ribs?

Pork ribs are great. Beef rib sales well because it has the Fred Flintstone look. People love chomping on a 1-2 lb. rib. Personally its tough and lacks much flavor. Brisket is way better. To answer your question, my go to there is a 2 meat with lean brisket and pork ribs. Baked potato salad as the side.

Comment

How bout the ribs?

Excellent pork ribs as well from the Shack. Personally I like all of the Shacks meats better, but all of EMs sides more. You can’t go wrong with either.

Comment

Originally posted by Comanchehunter View Post
                              On their way to 13th grade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This deserved to be quoted because it was funny.

I’ve always heard good things about the Shack, but can’t find a reason to go to Lubbock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just don’t say anything bad about Tool Bob I just ate awhile ago and this thread makes me want to sample! BBQ is even making a big splash in Mercedes Tx nowadays! Good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X