• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used an old EZ Up for the roof and the back side
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      Thanks for the input. I didn't think about using pallets and wrapping them. That may be an idea

The burlap seemed the easiest option, but the cattle panels are here and would be sturdier. But I have 15-20 pallets stacked in the warehouse, which sounds like a heck of a deal never thought about wrapping them with the burlap...give it some rigidity to where it isn't flapping in the breeze and drawing attention. I know they'll get used to it with time, just trying to minimalize all that I can

And I didn't really give much thought to buying a new pop up blind, but it may be more beneficial to drop $$ on one and not be hauling materials off of the road down into the SMZ. Since that's what I had intended to do with the popup from here anyways, I guess looking at the time it would take to get it all in there and set up versus walking in and erecting a popup and brushing it in, the question is this...what is my time worth? After season is over, I'll build an elevated stand and do it right. And then not sell it like I did when I got off of my last lease
      Putting in a pop-up is gonna be the quick and easy way to do it. You can move it at will should conditions change, you're out of the weather, it holds some of your scent, etc. Many advantages over some kind of makeshift arrangement that may or may not work.

Comment

I have several blinds i made that are cheap and work great. When you see someone getting a new fence, ask to take 4 panels. Go to Home Depot and get 4 landscape timbers. Put the landscape timbers in the ground, screw the panels to them, put cheap tin for the roof, cut windows, and you have a good blind that fades, and the deer don't pay attention to them. I have shot many deer out of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          The cheapest you can get is a machete, few pieces of rope and cutting brush.

Pop ups are the biggest POS’s I have ever dealt with if you leave them out in the elements for any period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Why not set up some brush blinds? You can't get cheaper or more natural than that. I've had great success this way.

You can also put dark fabric along the inside of the brush to help hide your movements if it's a concern, but I haven't found it to be needed

Comment

I was in the same situation last year. I needed a rifle blind quick so I built it out of cattle panels and camo burlap, secured it using ty wraps. Made a top, covered it in black plastic then the burlap. Put the whole thing together with ty wraps. Did a little brushing in and I stayed nice and dry all year. I had everything but the netting which was $15. Fixing to refurb it, cows got in the pasture and ate the netting!

Comment

Take a cattle panel and bend it with three 90’s - leave fourth side short for the door. Sides and front 4.5 feet and back 2.5’. Put in existing brush and shady spot and
              brush in with oak and cedar limbs. Maybe burlap if necessary on the inside
              Where cows and wind won’t get it
              Tie strap liberally.

Good luck.

Comment

I would buy a cheap 15'-18' ladder stand.

Maybe get a 5gallon bucket feeder to supplement your hand corn.

Comment

When we first got our place in Roosevelt, I "built" a bow blind that was about 20 yds to the feeder. Under an old cedar tree. Cut a bunch of brush about 30 yds behind it and secured an old door, on its side, facing the feeder. weaved the brush around and put a chair in there. Was white trash as all get out but I had 20-25 axis in front of me at any given time and even had a couple come about a yard in front of me.

Also hung some burlap up in the cedar tree to break the outlines and shadows.

Comment

Word to the wise - if you have cows on the place, they will eat burlap if they can reach it. I built a quickee ground blind out of burlap one time. I knew there was a problem when walking to the blind the next weekend I noticed strands of burlap sticking out of a fresh cow patty on the trail. Got to the blind and sure enough they had eaten almost all of it

Comment

I laughed at my Dad when I was a kid when he wanted to use the pallets for stands. Well, we wired five together and cut shooting windows then put plywood on top. They were super nice for years. Just a thought since you have plenty. I would not worry with the burlap, just brush it in and you're done. Good luck at the new place.

Comment

Hey man! If you can get thru this season, I can possibly get you some quality box blinds cheap!!

Give me a shout later and I’ll tell you about them. [emoji1303][emoji16]

Comment

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...dCatid=4754216

plus several of these:
                          https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/hme...dCatid=1257704

Comment

Ill give a third nod for the Baronetts. I too left mine out a couple seasons. This will be year 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                              Hey man! If you can get thru this season, I can possibly get you some quality box blinds cheap!!

Give me a shout later and I’ll tell you about them. [emoji1303][emoji16]

Will do! I'm sucking it up and building a blind this weekend since it looks like it's gonna rain all day Saturday. But Amber is excited that I got on a lease again and wants to get a spot next year with me. So I'll be in the market for at least one more stand next year, possibly 2

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                Will do! I'm sucking it up and building a blind this weekend since it looks like it's gonna rain all day Saturday. But Amber is excited that I got on a lease again and wants to get a spot next year with me. So I'll be in the market for at least one more stand next year, possibly 2

These are built by our local high school Ag shop kids. They do them as a project and sell off the ones that the kids don’t want. They are dirt cheap and built to last. I picked up some last year for around $100.00 each.

Comment

Working...
                                X