For those with teenage drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
    We have all turned into a bunch of wimps. Hell my parents had no idea where I was when I was out-n-about. Did they worry? Hell if I know. But I doubt it. Live life as it is dealt to each of us.

Skinny
    Them girls will be 16 before you know it and I bet that statement will change. We did not have a phone attached to our hand nor did all of the other ding dongs on the road. My daughter turned 16 in May it didn’t hit home until she received her permit. Those first few times she left on her own really sucked.
    Oh and I would put money on it that they worried.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
      Them girls will be 16 before you know it and I bet that statement will change. We did not have a phone attached to our hand nor did all of the other ding dongs on the road. My daughter turned 16 in May it didn’t hit home until she received her permit. Those first few times she left on her own really sucked.

Oh and I would put money on it that they worried.

I’m not saying I’m excluded from the wimp comment. At all.

Skinny

Comment

I’m not saying I’m excluded from the wimp comment. At all.

Skinny
        Understood. Scariest **** thing with the kiddo so far.

Comment

We have all turned into a bunch of wimps. Hell my parents had no idea where I was when I was out-n-about. Did they worry? Hell if I know. But I doubt it. Live life as it is dealt to each of us.

Skinny
          Worlds vastly changed since we were kids.
          Not the same place.. actions had consequences and those consequences were deterrents.
          That **** is long gone now...no fear or retribution makes the world a much scarier place.
          Oh.. and theres more idiots...you know..the ones responsible for removing the consequences in the name of not wanting to offend anyone..

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Worlds vastly changed since we were kids.
            Not the same place.. actions had consequences and those consequences were deterrents.
            That **** is long gone now...no fear or retribution makes the world a much scarier place.
            Oh.. and theres more idiots...you know..the ones responsible for removing the consequences in the name of not wanting to offend anyone..

Yep. I can see it all plain as day. Social media and being 100% connected to the world is to blame. I think it was a lot less traumatic back in the day when pops read about something in the Sunday paper that happened the previous Tuesday.

I hate it. I wish I was disconnected from it all. But I’m not.

Skinny

Comment

My youngest just started driving this week. Glad to not be carting him around, but now it is a whole new worry.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                My wife worries about everything our kids do. Whitewater rafting, water skiing, jet skiing, jumping off the boat house roof, possibly getting abducted and sold into sex trade, running with scissors....whatever. If my wife calls our kids, both teens and young adults, and they don't answer, she just assumes they are dead in a ditch somewhere....and panic ensues.

Me? I don't worry about much of anything, but putting my kids behind the wheel of a car or letting them in the car with another driver always scared the hell out of me. Still does.
                This sounds like me and my wife.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X