• Show
Clear All

Haha sounds awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did your engine builder give you a recommendation on what fuel to use in the mix? If mixing with pump gas the varyations from station and season would lead me to think it is just for safety margin. Smileys has at least 6 specific fuels over 109 octane. Oxygenated vs. Non and specific gravity have an impact on fuel metering so ask them if they did not recommend something . At the very least, that 9+ dollar a gallon fuel will smell better.

I may be over thinking it for this application but just a switch to oxygenated fuel in the race car required about 4 main jet changes to get the tune back in line.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          Did your engine builder give you a recommendation on what fuel to use in the mix? If mixing with pump gas the varyations from station and season would lead me to think it is just for safety margin. Smileys has at least 6 specific fuels over 109 octane. Oxygenated vs. Non and specific gravity have an impact on fuel metering so ask them if they did not recommend something . At the very least, that 9+ dollar a gallon fuel will smell better.

I may be over thinking it for this application but just a switch to oxygenated fuel in the race car required about 4 main jet changes to get the tune back in line.

He just told me any 110 and mix with 93 but if possible have a little more 110. I called a local place and they had renegade 110. I checked with him to see if that was good fuel cause I have never run 110 in anything and he said it looks like it should do the job fine so I bought 5 gallons at 8.25 a gallon

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
            Even more $ to gain .9031 mph lol

My buddy spent $7k to get 6mph more out of his airboat. He thought it was the greatest thing ever, I still think he is a dumb ***. To me it takes a long time to make up $7k just getting to your spot 2 min faster.

I just wish they would put mufflers on those mud motors. There is no reason to be that loud heading to your duck hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              My buddy spent $7k to get 6mph more out of his airboat. He thought it was the greatest thing ever, I still think he is a dumb ***. To me it takes a long time to make up $7k just getting to your spot 2 min faster.

I just wish they would put mufflers on those mud motors. There is no reason to be that loud heading to your duck hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That was a big deal last year in Arkansas. They voted on a decibel rating a mud moor has to be for this year on public wmas so now you have to run an SAE muffler or a BPS Q muffler those are the only 2 tha are gonna be allowed. But that being said iv heard some loud modded outboards and air boats.

Comment

Sounds like you are good then! The tuneup probably leaves a tiny bit on the table but it should be safe.

If you ever switch from that supplier just make sure to stay away from oxygenated fuel and it will run similar if the research octane rating is on par. Oxygenated fuel is better in most cases but would require metering changes to avoid a lean condition if running on the edge.

Oxygenated fuel, E85 and Methanol all require a higher flow/burn per given HP. Typically E85 or Methanol would be my choice just because of cost, but carrying extra makes them unattractive for a boat imo.
                Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                He just told me any 110 and mix with 93 but if possible have a little more 110. I called a local place and they had renegade 110. I checked with him to see if that was good fuel cause I have never run 110 in anything and he said it looks like it should do the job fine so I bought 5 gallons at 8.25 a gallon

Comment

Back when I was nuts,I used to run some in my carbed R6 for late night runs on 610. Yes that was me, little Yamaha ran pretty good. Then I had kids."Fast and furious"mechanic type guy sold it in a house behind the Kawasaki dealer on 45N this was back in 05/06.
                  Last edited by HoustonR6ryda; 09-07-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Lol I ended up finding some at Lee oil in Alvin. 8.25 a gallon

Comment

Working...
                    X