Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried to buy a gun at Walmart lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE ANSWER: I spoke with them, they said they are moving the gun case to another area and temporarily the guns are in the back until completion.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
      THE ANSWER: I spoke with them, they said they are moving the gun case to another area and temporarily the guns are in the back until completion.
      Glad to hear it!

Comment

I like that the sign says “ask and associate”. So I guess associate is used as a verb instead of a noun. Makes the sign pretty funny

Comment

Comment

I was trying to think if I've ever bought a gun at Walmart, and I don't think I ever have. Never bought one at Academy, and only a couple at Cabelas. I hardly ever go into a Walmart unless I'm buying snuff or on an errand for the war department. I guess I'm not a box store guy.

Comment

Ordered two there.

Comment

I've tried to buy 2 long guns @ my local WallyWorld. 'bout a year ago I bought a Savage bolt action 22 for myself after a 2 week wait for a confirmation thumbs up from the DOJ. This past spring I wanted to gift my Grandson a Henry 22 for a grad. present. No thumbs upfrom the Doj so no rifle. "Walmart policy".Won't try to buy firearms from them again.
                PS: Since the background check law went into effect I have not been able togo into a gun store and leave with the gun the same day. Have to rely on the 3 day waiting period on most purchases.. Never rejected just no response. Walmart and other big box stores have taken the stance if no OK then no sale.
                Last edited by locolobo; 08-31-2018, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Are we boycotting?

Comment

I was in one of the Odessa Wally worlds a couple of days ago and all display cases were full

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I was trying to think if I've ever bought a gun at Walmart, and I don't think I ever have.
                      In 1998 my wife bought me a Savage Mark ii 22 rifle. That was my one and only experience buying a rifle there. I wanted one of the Weatherby's everybody was buying but I couldn't find one.

Comment

I stopped by the Wylie store last weekend to pick up a 870 youth for my grandson. I give them my chl and drivers license, and fill out the paperwork on the computer. Click on complete, and the lady says "you have been delayed". I said, excuse me, why did you do the background check when I have a valid chl? A secondary reason for me to have the chl is because I always get delayed. She said, "if you give me your phone number I will call you when the release it". No thanks, I went to academy near my house and they did the paperwork correctly and I got the gun to my grandson that night. Tried to buy a .22 at a pawnshop once, and he said he didn't need my chl because the batf required them to background check everybody. Bull hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Are we boycotting?

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            Walmart in Decatur has a full gun rack and more hunting gear than ever this year. Great broadhead selection.
                            Benbrook WalMart is well stocked also. Even carrying SlickTricks for the first time. Plenty of guns in the rack.
                            Last edited by sandbill; 09-01-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Bought my first gun there in 86. Ruger 10-22.

Comment

Working...
                              X