2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith View Post
    Amazon has a show "All Or Nothing", and in season 3 (2017 season) they followed the Dallas Cowboys. They had access to team meetings, etc. At the end of practices, Dak and Garrett had a competition throwing at objects around them. It might be a trash can, the corner of a goal post, a star on the wall, etc. I don't remember Dak winning any of those competitions. Coach Jason Garrett, a retired backup quarterback, won them all. If our starting quarterback can't throw more accurately than someone that was never good enough to start in the NFL, that worries me. I do believe he has many great qualities a NFL quarterback needs, toughness, great on the run, etc, but he has to improve on his accuracy downfield.

If you have an Amazon Firestick our Prime membership, you should be able to watch All Or nothing for free.
    You won't want to look up his throwing competition vs. David Carr either. Not the current QB, but the other retired one. It's embarrassing.

Comment

Regarding daks deep ball accuracy: see below.

I understand all the eyeball tests trust me. I would take a quarterback who is average on the deep ball if he is above average elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

I understand all the eyeball tests trust me. I would take a quarterback who is average on the deep ball if he is above average elsewhere.

Hey hey, no facts here please

Makes all our arm chair qbing look bad

So your saying theres a chance

Go Cowboys!

Comment

Were all the other guys as wide open as the ones Dak has missed ? A lot of those could be throw aways as well.

Comment

I dont think Dak has to win with his arm. He only needs to be a credible enough threat passing so that Zeke can do his thing. And both certainly have done that during this win streak. It is a team sport after all. I see the chemistry with the tight ends improving too which started the season with about a zero value in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              Were all the other guys as wide open as the ones Dak has missed ? A lot of those could be throw aways as well.
              One of those overthrows to Gallup was maybe his fault. He'd just gotten by his defender and quit running. But as you suggest, quite a few of Daks misses have been to wide open receivers. I'd bet some of those other QBs that have the same percentage have had quite a few passes "defended" when they were trying to squeeze something outta nothing.

I kinda like where the 'boys are overall. They're playing real hard, making a few plays, and getting a few bounces. They "seem" an overall "gritty-er" team than previous teams. The defense kinda crumbled a bit Sunday, but not many wouldn't with 3 or four turn-overs slamming them into tough situations.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                One of those overthrows to Gallup was maybe his fault. He'd just gotten by his defender and quit running. But as you suggest, quite a few of Daks misses have been to wide open receivers. I'd bet some of those other QBs that have the same percentage have had quite a few passes "defended" when they were trying to squeeze something outta nothing.

I kinda like where the 'boys are overall. They're playing real hard, making a few plays, and getting a few bounces. They "seem" an overall "gritty-er" team than previous teams. The defense kinda crumbled a bit Sunday, but not many wouldn't with 3 or four turn-overs slamming them into tough situations.
                Yep, and this team is pretty good, I doubt they could get past the NFC championship game but hey, you never know, that is why they play the games.

Comment

I dont think Dak has to win with his arm. He only needs to be a credible enough threat passing so that Zeke can do his thing. And both certainly have done that during this win streak. It is a team sport after all. I see the chemistry with the tight ends improving too which started the season with about a zero value in my mind!
                  I agree here^^^
                  Obviously the real difference maker has to be Amari. He is just plain good! The guy’s football IQ is on par with his athleticism and that makes Dak and the rest of the offense better. Let’s face it...the TEs were almost non existent at the beginning of the year. Even the Oline (that we were ragging on saying they were pathetic) is better now.
                  Amari just makes everyone else better....period.

Comment

So, his deep ball accuracy is in the middle of the pack which is what is appears. He will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      So, his deep ball accuracy is in the middle of the pack which is what is appears. He will get better.

He’s a 3rd year pro... 5 year college player with a redshirt year and 25 years of age. He better hurry the hell up if he’s going to do it.

Comment

Eighty Twooooooooo.........where are youuuuuuuu?

I can't decide if this team really has a chance, or if they are just insuring that we're stuck with Ginger for several more years only to lose in the first round....but I'm in!

Comment

Just read where Dak leads the NFC in passing yards for the past 5 weeks, he is third in the NFL in that same time frame, maybe he is a little better than what I have given him credit for, and Dale, a couple of those tight ends are starting to look like tight ends, they are no 82 but they may have promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            He’s a 3rd year pro... 5 year college player with a redshirt year and 25 years of age. He better hurry the hell up if he’s going to do it.
                            Preach!

Comment

What I do like about Dak is he is not scared to throw to any of his receivers. Many young QBs find a favorite and force it. Dak at least recently has been spreading it around. If that’s by design with the play calling or by him going through his progressions well, I’m liking what I see recently.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X