No announcement yet.

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention....every game they win, the further back in that draft the pick becomes. I think I read we would be >20 right now.......
    Lot of Raider fans not liking the trade even more now!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      That seeing-eye-dog-ref pic is great!! Literally laughed out loud.

On another subject: I have to say that Jerry Jones has finally made ONE good decision in the entire time he has owned the team -- getting Amari Cooper!
      Looks like he made 11 other good decisions on the defense.

Comment

As far as the Copper trade, he made the pro bowl 2 out of 3 years, he may make it again this year, I was on board with this trade from the get go, my biggest concern is the QB, you cannot make the mistakes he is making and get to the SB, I do believe he will get better, hopefully they can fix that accuracy problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          As far as the Copper trade, he made the pro bowl 2 out of 3 years, he may make it again this year, I was on board with this trade from the get go, my biggest concern is the QB, you cannot make the mistakes he is making and get to the SB, I do believe he will get better, hopefully they can fix that accuracy problem.
          Dak indeed is the key because of how utterly inconsistent he is. Shows signs of absolute brilliance followed by bouts of “WTH was he thinking” moments. [emoji2955]
          I love the kid and we have to be reminded he is only in his 3rd year in the league.
          That being said.....I was at the game yesterday and it was a weird feeling thinking we even had a chance of losing a game we so obviously dominated. That game going into OT was a joke and we were extremely lucky Dak’s turnovers didn’t actually cost us a W. Lady Luck played a role the Cowboys aren’t often privy to!!

It was a great atmosphere nonetheless.

Comment

If Dak would fix holding on to the ball when getting pressure or running and fix his touch on deep balls to WAO receivers. I would be ok with him. Interceptions are going to happen.
            He is late on delivery. Don't know if its poor arm strength or just not confident. Or poor coaching? He throws the ball after the receivers are out of their breaks and the DB's are closing on them. The WO's are standing and waiting when they should be catching and escaping.

Wins are Wins
            GO COWBOYS!

Comment

Beats me how the boys can shoot themselves in the foot with stoopid penalties so many times(mostly by the same player(s)) and still win a game. Lady Luck was smiling biggly on them last nite.

Several if not all of them Refs needed seeing eye dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                If Dak would fix holding on to the ball when getting pressure or running and fix his touch on deep balls to WAO receivers. I would be ok with him. Interceptions are going to happen.
                He is late on delivery. Don't know if its poor arm strength or just not confident. Or poor coaching? He throws the ball after the receivers are out of their breaks and the DB's are closing on them. The WO's are standing and waiting when they should be catching and escaping.

Wins are Wins
                GO COWBOYS!
                Dak will never be a Drew Brees but he does have good arm strength. Look how many times he has overthrown his receivers. Passes that would have been 6 points easy. His timing is flawed. Sometimes he's too patient and other times he rushes the throw. He will improve a lot with time and confidence I'm sure as long as the OL protects him. If the OL slacks and lets happen to Dak what they did to Romo all them years then he is toast. A win is a win

Comment

Typical how all Eagles fans are claiming they got hosed by the refs all night when there was bad calls that helped each team.
                  Not sure how any of them still have jobs after last nights game. Ridiculous.

Dak does need to work on consistency, no doubt about that, but I think Cooper is helping tremendously. This is his 3rd year and I don’t see him going anywhere personally. I just wish he could play quarters 1-3 like he plays the 4th quarter. It should not take 45 minutes of game time to warm up.

Comment

Wins are Wins
                    GO COWBOYS!
                    I agree. Dak's accuracy was awful last night. The dude is a gamer, but he needs to get a lot more accurate. His receivers helped him tremendously yesterday. His completions were not on point for the most part. Throwing behind receivers. His second interception was awful...he threw it about five feet over a WIDE open receiver. He has to get better at the deep ball. His receivers are getting open. Put some more air under it. If he just under throws it a little they either catch it or get a pass interference call. He can't continue to overthrow those. I think looking at that and all the bone head penalties really shows you how good the defense is playing. Making tons of mistakes and still winning. Clean up the accuracy and be a more disciplined team overall and I think this bunch could make a little noise. But they won't get very far making this many mistakes. They have been a might more fun to watch the last month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Dak will never be a Drew Brees but he does have good arm strength. Look how many times he has overthrown his receivers. Passes that would have been 6 points easy. His timing is flawed. Sometimes he's too patient and other times he rushes the throw. He will improve a lot with time and confidence I'm sure as long as the OL protects him. If the OL slacks and lets happen to Dak what they did to Romo all them years then he is toast. A win is a win
                      All good points. The Big fellas are a huge part of it! #76 has come in and done a fine job at guard! Ole #77 struggled with his bad wing with a leg brace on it for sure. Hope he improves soon. Hope #70 is ok too.

Hope the D fence continues to whip and spur! They are playing as good as I have seen them in awhile. They play hard and fast!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        I agree. Dak's accuracy was awful last night. The dude is a gamer, but he needs to get a lot more accurate. His receivers helped him tremendously yesterday. His completions were not on point for the most part. Throwing behind receivers. His second interception was awful...he threw it about five feet over a WIDE open receiver. He has to get better at the deep ball. His receivers are getting open. Put some more air under it. If he just under throws it a little they either catch it or get a pass interference call. He can't continue to overthrow those. I think looking at that and all the bone head penalties really shows you how good the defense is playing. Making tons of mistakes and still winning. Clean up the accuracy and be a more disciplined team overall and I think this bunch could make a little noise. But they won't get very far making this many mistakes. They have been a might more fun to watch the last month or so.
                        QB has the hardest job in sports to me. 40 seconds to do all the things they have to do is hard. Maybe hitting a baseball at 84 mph then 100 mph is harder? Hit 300 and your a hall of famer. Throw for 30% completions and your fired Hey I am or was a football guy. Not a baseball dude. So we will say QB

IMO (worthless) he needs more touch on deep balls. And more zip and quicker timing on intermediate throws. He has mastered the check downs!

Your right better shore up the Penalties or it might cost them.

The kicker dude still scares me every time he trots out there I will admit!

Comment

QB has the hardest job in sports to me. 40 seconds to do all the things they have to do is hard. Maybe hitting a baseball at 84 mph then 100 mph is harder? Hit 300 and your a hall of famer. Throw for 30% completions and your fired Hey I am or was a football guy. Not a baseball dude. So we will say QB

IMO (worthless) he needs more touch on deep balls. And more zip and quicker timing on intermediate throws. He has mastered the check downs!

Your right better shore up the Penalties or it might cost them.

The kicker dude still scares me every time he trots out there I will admit!
                          Almost forgot about him. Seems like he's good for about one miss a game. He has SOME RANGE, but I'll take a kicker that hits almost all of his kicks inside fifty yards...and extra points.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Almost forgot about him. Seems like he's good for about one miss a game. He has SOME RANGE, but I'll take a kicker that hits almost all of his kicks inside fifty yards...and extra points.
                            That kicker we cut is missing more than our kicker, seems like several kickers are struggling this year, I like our guy.

Comment

I apologize to Dak. After watching Brees last week, Wilson tonight and the guy for Minysoda. Playing QB is just hard. Very few great ones. Very few good ones. Lots of average Joe's. Those average Joe's are still pretty darn good! Humbeling job.

Comment

I give the refs the mvp of the game. Dak has so much potential. I think he will get better. Misses were there but can live with those if he doesn't turn it over.

Our O line is very mediocre right now. I see no hope of a playoff run If they aren't in better shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X