2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    Probably and 8 year extension on Garret's contract.
    You’re just trying to make me mad

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      Probably and 8 year extension on Garret's contract.
      Don’t even play

Comment

Probably a ring of honor announcement. Damarcus Ware is my guess, but I guess it could be Romo/Witten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-01-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Probably a ring of honor announcement. Damarcus Ware is my guess, but I guess it could be Romo/Witten.

I don't think he will put them in that soon, how about Gil Brandt and Jimmy Johnson ?

Comment

Maybe Jerry has seen the error of his ways trying to play GM and is handing the keys over to Steven who in turns hires a real GM who in turns hires a real Head coach and he hires a real staff. No no wait I was just dreaming but it sounded good. We can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              I don't think he will put them in that soon, how about Gil Brandt and Jimmy Johnson ?
              I think the only way Jerry puts Jimmy in is posthumously. Time will tell the tale...

Get the popcorn, it's gonna be a show... whatever it is.

Comment

During Romo’s “A Football Life” a few months ago, Jerry said Romo will most definitely be in the ring.... so ... who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  During Romo’s “A Football Life” a few months ago, Jerry said Romo will most definitely be in the ring.... so ... who knows.
                  He will be but I bet Romo, Witten, and Ware all go in the same time, probably after being out of football for 5 years, just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    He will be but I bet Romo, Witten, and Ware all go in the same time, probably after being out of football for 5 years, just my guess.

I'm surprised Ware would get the nod. Seems like he had a few great years and then the injury bug got em more than not....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I'm surprised Ware would get the nod. Seems like he had a few great years and then the injury bug got em more than not....

I don't have as good of a memory as some of you guys do, but I think you may want to go back and revisit his career. It seems to be the consensus that he will be in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Demarcus Ware with 117 sacks as a cowboy. Double digit sacks every year except his rookie year and last year as a cowboy. Member of the NFL All Decade team of the 2000’s. I think he’s a lock for the Ring of Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I don't have as good of a memory as some of you guys do, but I think you may want to go back and revisit his career. It seems to be the consensus that he will be in the Hall of Fame.

I guess so. I just didn’t think he was a game changer like Romo or Witten... or the triplets for that matter.

Double digits sacks for the year could be one a game and zero on 6 others. Yes he had some good moments but I never thought of him as dominant all around as say a Charles Haley. I hope he gets it as the more Cowboys the better, I just don’t think he’s going to get in quick if he does.

Comment

The more I think/read about the Cooper trade the more I like it. We need a WR now, not next year. Cooper has proven himself (2 time pro-bowler), and is still young at 24. Waiting to draft a WR is too little too late when we need help now.

It also means no more excuses for the coaches/offense/ and ultimately Dak. Dak better get that smooth bore musket under control or he may not have a contract next year.

All that being said Jerry has sells out crowds with over 20years of mediocrity. I honestly think he is happy going 8-8 and winning 1 playoff game every 10years...

Working on an empty stomach - rant over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post

All that being said Jerry has sells out crowds with over 20years of mediocrity. I honestly think he is happy going 8-8 and winning 1 playoff game every 10years...
                              he's probably pacified with that, but I don't think he is ecstatic.

Comment

You folks that say Jerry is just all about the money and not caring about winning, are out of your **** minds. Think about what kind of cash cow a Super Bowl win or two would bring the Cowboys' organization... You think the Patriots would be the second most valued franchise without all the Super Bowls? Hell no!

Jerry wants another Super Bowl with him and Stephen making the decisions. Jerry is the ultimate braggard! You can bet your *** he's doing whatever he can to win himself a Super Bowl before he dies....except stepping down and giving somebody else the credit. Its all about him doing it. Its a cruel catch 22 for us but it is what he is. More money is not going to give Jerry anything he doesn't already have at age 76...unless he could buy a fountain of youth. He's worth $5 billion!!!.. What else could please him more than a Super Bowl win with $5bil on the books? When you think about what he already has combined with his age, another Super Bowl would give him a million times the "value" personally in his life that any more made money would give him.

Last edited by Smart; 11-02-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X