No announcement yet.

Tundra or F-150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm retired and don't drive a lot these days and had to give up doing mechanical work, so dependability was the top of my priority list.
    I'm now driving a Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
      I'm retired and don't drive a lot these days and had to give up doing mechanical work, so dependability was the top of my priority list.
      I'm now driving a Tundra.
      EXACT reason we went back to the Tundra. ALL makes have problems but for us the Tundra's reliability made it our choice. I also went back to AAA membership, $52/year, mainly for flat changes. If I had a flat and had to get the spare on, I'm out of luck, lol!

Comment

When the Tundra's came out in 07 they were miles ahead of Ford-Chevy. I think the tundra has stayed pretty stagnant and the others have caught up over the last ten years. Except for those POS dodges of course! The tundra is still an awesome truck, we have one at work that has over 250k hard work miles on it and is still going strong with no issues, but the new Ford and Chevy are just as good now IMO.

Comment

Are there any TBH Toyota salesmen or dealers?

Comment

Ford F-150 5.0 V8. I have a 2015 and get 18 mpg in city driving like madman. Great truck, pulls my 32' travel trailer with ease and my Bass tracker. My Kawasaki mule also fits in the bed. Best truck ever.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              First you need a class in how to reed gud.
              Ill try to find you a safe space.

Comment

I keep trucks a long time. Last F150 was a 97 and it had 220k miles on it when my son turned 16 and started driving it.
                Purchased a 2012 Ford Raptor 6.2 liter; Plenty of power, room & amenities...
                14 MPG avg around Houston. 120k miles with no problems.

I have ridden in friends Tundras and they are nice trucks as well.
                Most new trucks at $60K should be. Not thinking you could go wrong ether way.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  I’m not advocating this song or the direction country music is headed, but....

Turned on a radio lately?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eHTiEn72SOA
                  WOW!
                  That's horrible! I only made it about 20 seconds before I had to turn that crap off.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    Ill try to find you a safe space.
                    Crazy part is that anyone would care that much. Five post later I guess it’s sincere and something you care about. I wouldn’t worry about it that much but that’s just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Yup... Close thread

Went from a 7.3 Powerstroke to 5.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a 2017 F-150 with the 5.0.
                        No lift or anything. It is very comfortable truck and is really smooth to drive. Pulls my 2 boats just fine. I’ve been very happy with it so far.

Neighbor had a tundra 2015????.... has a kit on it and 35” tires. Mileage is around 8 per gallon. Not very fun to drive either. He added bags to it also for when towing his boat. Great looking truck but not very practical. Just my opinion

Comment

I have a 2011 5.7 4X4 Tundra. Love the truck. The Crewmax has a crazy amount of room in the truck. It got about 13.4mpg driving to WV, NC and GA on a receipt trip from Dallas. I drive it about 300 miles a day for work. There was a guy who used his 2007 for hot shot work out of LA and put 1,000,000 miles on the truck. I have a friend who is a mechanic in Duncanville that does not speak too highly on fords ecoboost system. In his opinion they are too complex and it does not work as well as it should. For what it is worth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my tundra I got 22 mpg pulling my 22 ft ranger up the mountains going to Rayburn. There's nothing that thing can't pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I love my tundra I got 22 mpg pulling my 22 ft ranger up the mountains going to Rayburn. There's nothing that thing can't pull.
                              I love my tundra, but you are full of it. Its a joke, right??
                              Last edited by Walker; 09-01-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

More like snowflake trolla. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X