No announcement yet.

Live public/private Elk hunt to Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great effort. We hunted private and were in elk every day but even then its extremely difficult....with a bow. Good luck next year.

Comment

What could you tell as far as rut activity?? Are they rutting pretty hard or still in pre-and early rut??

And thank you for taking us along...
      Last edited by Pedernal; 09-09-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Hate that you didn't connect but bet you still had fun.
        Thanks for taking us along.Good luck in deer season.

Comment

Dang! Better luck next year Arco.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            What could you tell as far as rut activity?? Are they rutting pretty hard or still in pre-and early rut??

And thank you for taking us along...
            Hey Pedernal. Can't answer for the OP's area but I just spent 8 days in the mountains close to Pagosa Springs on public land. Where I was the bulls were running together last weekend but broke up by Tuesday. Watched a 5x5 harassing a cow on Tuesday evening. She must have been in season because even a spike was trying to get on her at the same time. We heard our first and only bugle while packing out yesterday morning. So I'm guessing things are about to get rutty. Good luck if you're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
              Hey Pedernal. Can't answer for the OP's area but I just spent 8 days in the mountains close to Pagosa Springs on public land. Where I was the bulls were running together last weekend but broke up by Tuesday. Watched a 5x5 harassing a cow on Tuesday evening. She must have been in season because even a spike was trying to get on her at the same time. We heard our first and only bugle while packing out yesterday morning. So I'm guessing things are about to get rutty. Good luck if you're going.
              Thank you sir. My plans are to drive up today and be on the west side of the wilderness area, east of Pagosa springs for 10 days or so.... I appreciate the info greatly...

Comment

Working...
              X