No announcement yet.

What kind of birds are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s the battle plan meeting for dove season!

Comment

Mississippi Kites

Comment

Bout time for Mississippi kites. Cant see them clearly, but bet that is them. 1st birds to migrate in. Teal arent far behind.

Comment

Mississippi kites

Comment

hard to tell but it looks like kites to me

Comment

I always thought they were square tails that migrated like that.
              Miniature slow moving whirlwinds of bird.

Comment

I guess Mississippi Kites it is. Thanks guys

Comment

Kite is my best guess from that video

Comment

It is called a kettlle of hawks. They catch thermals and ride them south. Those particular birds look like kites to me as already stated. I guess kites migrate a little earlier.

Usually after a good strong cold front the raptors start migrating south. If you are lucky enough to be in the right spot you'll see a kettle of hundreds of raptors of all different types riding the thermals at the same time.

Comment

Im going with mississippi kites. We have them in our neighborhood... who ever said long tail feathers they really dont seem that long, maybe a different kind of kite does?

Comment

I can't tell but it's getting that time of year saw a pair of small Hawks or falcons terrorizing the neighborhood doves and tweety birds yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          It is called a kettlle of hawks. They catch thermals and ride them south. Those particular birds look like kites to me as already stated. I guess kites migrate a little earlier.

Usually after a good strong cold front the raptors start migrating south. If you are lucky enough to be in the right spot you'll see a kettle of hundreds of raptors of all different types riding the thermals at the same time.
                          It's really cool to see a kettle like that.

My dad has been trying to get a permit for a long time to go trap peregrines on the beach in SPI.

To the OP, cool video!

Comment

don't know but it's a cool video!

Comment

Working...
                            X