No announcement yet.

Land Rover Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my customers just purchased a new Range Rover. I was complimenting him on the purchase. He immediately said he regrets it. He said the tires are very loud on the freeway. I guess he should have test drove it a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
      Before Ford owned Land Rover, BMW was the owner.

The BMW X5 interchanges parts with the Range Rover from 2003 including engines and all the way down to power seat buttons. The BMW is far more reliable however for some reason.

Ford also intertwined Volvo into Land Rover with their XC90 and were updating the Freelander just before selling off Volvo to Gheeley in China and Rover and Jaguar to Tata in INDIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's some funny chit, there.....

I had an X5 right around that time period.

It was an absolutely blast to drive - fast and nimble, and the chicks loved it.

It would pass up anything on the road, except for the service bay at the dealership.

if a rover is worse than my X5, it should be shot on sight.

Comment

One of my ex colleagues is on his 3rd one now, not sure what model it is...BUT, seemed they were in the shop a lot. Funny, but true, the service manager at the Fort Worth dealer and he are very good friends now. He even bought some land from Mike at Rolling Creek Ranch in Granbury.

Comment

This one runs well when it runs.....

‘73 Series 3. Tops out at 55 and hates running that fast.
          Attached Files

Comment

I’ve owned three. The first was a 2001 LR Discovery that I bought in 2011 for $3k and didn’t really care whether it broke down or not (as it only costs $3k). It was my daily driver for three years and other than routine maintenance like oil changes I had no problems. Sold it in 2014 for $4k.

My wife drove a 2010 LR4 that we bought in 2013 until last month (bought with 35k miles on it and sold with 165k miles). This vehicle was in the shop a couple of times for things other than routine maintenance but I can’t recall what they were. It didn’t seem out of the ordinary or unusual though.

My current car is a 2012 Range Rover that I bought in 2014. This car has needed a few items such as a new fuel pump and something done to the suspension. Overall has been quite reliable though. Vehicle currently has 95k miles on it and I’ll probably trade it next summer.

Overall I have been very happy with our Land Rovers.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              This one runs well when it runs.....

‘73 Series 3. Tops out at 55 and hates running that fast.
              I'd be willing to give you a few hundred dollars to take that old junker off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                I hear they are one of the most comfortable luxurious places to sit while waiting on a tow truck. Which is good, because it happens quite often.
                You gotta love this post

Comment

Working...
                X