In the Footsteps of Harvey Caplin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Footsteps of Harvey Caplin

Every year when I am shooting an episode for CARNIVORE, I know when we are onto something special. It may not be the most exciting hunt or we may not capture the most rare footage of a predator...but you know when you are on a great story. This weekend, we will air the best story from the 2018 season when we follow "In the Footsteps of Harvey Caplin".
    Harvey Caplin was known as the "horseback photographer" and traveled across the Southwest capturing photos of Cowboys, Indians and landscapes that graced the covers of magazines such as THE SATURDAY EVENING POST. While Mr. Caplin passed away in 1984, I was fortunate enough to meet his daughter, Abby at the Ranchers Club in Albuquerque, NM where many of his great photos are on display. Ironically, I have and continue to hunt many of the huge ranches and Indian Reservations where Mr. Caplin rode many years ago.
    I hope that you will tune in as I know you will enjoy this episode on CARNIVORE.
    Thanks and Adios,
    Gary

I just watched the complete episode of "In the Footsteps of Harvey Caplin" and was reminded why our Producer, Brian Hawkins has won three National Emmy Awards. To my knowledge, he is the only producer in outdoor programming to have won such an honor. You might know another TV show that he shoots for...Texas Country Reporter and now you know the rest of the story.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Working...
    X