No announcement yet.

Plumbing Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is going on with that well. With everything working correctly, theres no reason you shouldn't have consistent pressure & supply at 150'.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
      Something is going on with that well. With everything working correctly, theres no reason you shouldn't have consistent pressure & supply at 150'.
      Yessir. I agree. And that's why we want the storage tank. It's really a supply issue, not a pressure issue. When the supply is there, the pressure is there.

Comment

Soooo, 1500 gallons is a lot of water, but if that is what you have then cool.

A 275 gallon tote would work fine but I digress.

Fill your 1500 gallon tank from existing well.

Install pump on the outlet of 1500 tank.

Put a check valve immediately after the outlet of the 1500 storage tank.

Then you will have your pump (the tractor supply version with built in pressure tank is the simply route to take) which is feed via the outlet of the 1500 tank and check valve.

The outlet of the pump will connect to your water line that feeds your camp house and anything else that uses water such as hydrants and water troughs, etc. if these are a factor.

This is a version of the pump set up that will work for your application

If the pump and 1500 gallon tank can be housed in the same enclosure that the existing well and gear is located that would be best, especially if it is up hill from your camp. This stuff needs to be protected from extreme cold conditions or it will freeze and break.

Comment

I forgot to add that you can manually fill the 1500 gallon tank or a fill valve can be installed that will shut off the water when the tank is full.

1500 gallons will last a long time so manually filling, meaning turn on the water and shut off manually when full and avoid the hassle of installing a fill/float valve. The proper term is ball-cock valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
            Soooo, 1500 gallons is a lot of water, but if that is what you have then cool.

A 275 gallon tote would work fine but I digress.

Fill your 1500 gallon tank from existing well.

Install pump on the outlet of 1500 tank.

Put a check valve immediately after the outlet of the 1500 storage tank.

Then you will have your pump (the tractor supply version with built in pressure tank is the simply route to take) which is feed via the outlet of the 1500 tank and check valve.

The outlet of the pump will connect to your water line that feeds your camp house and anything else that uses water such as hydrants and water troughs, etc. if these are a factor.

This is a version of the pump set up that will work for your application

If the pump and 1500 gallon tank can be housed in the same enclosure that the existing well and gear is located that would be best, especially if it is up hill from your camp. This stuff needs to be protected from extreme cold conditions or it will freeze and break.
            I forgot to add that you can manually fill the 1500 gallon tank or a fill valve can be installed that will shut off the water when the tank is full.

1500 gallons will last a long time so manually filling, meaning turn on the water and shut off manually when full and avoid the hassle of installing a fill/float valve. The proper term is ball-cock valve.
            So I see in that link that pump has a 6 gal pressure tank. Will that be big enough for several people to shower right after one another? Sorry if that's a dumb question. Also, can we just wrap everything real good to protect it, or will we need to build an enclosure around it?

Comment

I also have a 6 hour timer switch that I used. You could use that to fill the tank instead of float valves.

Comment

That pump should be fine for your use unless people are taking showers at the same time in multiple bathrooms. If just one at a time then you will be good.

Wrapping pipes helps but putting it inside a doghouse and a heat lamp is what I have in my mind. Doesn't need to keep it 70 degrees just keep it above freezing.

Water pumps and deer camps are going to be a maintenance hassle. Mother nature is tough to beat.

Comment

That pump should be fine for your use unless people are taking showers at the same time in multiple bathrooms. If just one at a time then you will be good.

Wrapping pipes helps but putting it inside a doghouse and a heat lamp is what I have in my mind. Doesn't need to keep it 70 degrees just keep it above freezing.

Water pumps and deer camps are going to be a maintenance hassle. Mother nature is tough to beat.
                  Just one shower at a time. But usually always right after each other. We can handle building a box.

Don't you want to come out and hook this up for us...in trade for some hunting??

Comment

Maybe Todd will hook it up in trade for a commission free real estate deal. Sounds fair to me.

Comment

My weekends are very limited or I would just come down and help get it done!

I could loose a small fortune going around to all of the TBH deer camps and solving plumbing problems!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Maybe Todd will hook it up in trade for a commission free real estate deal. Sounds fair to me.
                        If he's the buyer, it won't cost him a dime to use me.

Comment

Did that tank and pressure tank work for you?

Comment

Working...
                          X