Fed duck stamps ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeteroneal View Post
    That extra $3 is if they mail it to you. The stamp is $25.
    may be, still comes out to $28.
    I just don't care for the post office's services, still compared to the state stamp ($7, maybe that's wrong too?), is ridiculous. Would rather see it go to Ducks Unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Dats right, if u go to the post office u pay 25 and get ur stamp in hand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      The post office in Deer Park doesn't have any idea what they are! Either do the one's in Pasadena

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        Well you have two choices hunt with out it or just don’t hunt migrant fowl
        Nope, there is a 3rd choice

Don't buy one and see if you can avoid getting a ticket

Of course if you do get caught without it you will wish you had paid the $25/28 because the fine is going to be much more than that

Comment

I THink as hunters, especially Texas, we get off pretty cheap. $25 ain’t squat

Just shoot a little better and a save a box of shells. That’ll cover the extra $ it went up

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            I just don't care for the post office's services, still compared to the state stamp ($7, maybe that's wrong too?), is ridiculous. Would rather see it go to Ducks Unlimited.
            You're flipping crazy if you think DU can spend that $25 better than the USFW.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post

The money generated from the Federal Duck Stamp is one of the leading forms of conservation in the country and has been since it was first implemented. All but maybe $2 of that fee goes directly back to the ducks and countless other wildlife that benefit in the same habitats.

I buy at least a couple extras every year in case someone needs one and I’d gladly pay $50 if that’s what was required.

They were only $15 for a long time until they raised the price to $25 a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                it was 15 last time i bought it
                Yep I quit buying it after it went up.

Comment

I don’t mind it paying it. I do wonder how the money is spent.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
                    I don’t mind it paying it. I do wonder how the money is spent.
                    Land rehab and upkeep in the tundra and prarie pothole region mostly to promote breeding. Other parts are spent ons creating wintering grounds and flood plains for the waterfowl to migrate too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to believe how many outdoorsmen on here don’t seem to support conservation. Es $25 to do what we love fellas.
                      Last edited by bk913; 08-19-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

The fed duck stamp is one of the best things you can purchase as far as conservation goes. Money is distributed to states for the benefit of waterfowl. I know a lot of money gets spent on research and improving public wetlands in texas

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          I just bought 2 of them this morning. One for my license. The other for my collection I started in 1981.
                          Can I borrow one, I'll return it it in the same condition....

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                          The money generated from the Federal Duck Stamp is one of the leading forms of conservation in the country and has been since it was first implemented. All but maybe $2 of that fee goes directly back to the ducks and countless other wildlife that benefit in the same habitats.

I buy at least a couple extras every year in case someone needs one and I’d gladly pay $50 if that’s what was required.

They were only $15 for a long time until they raised the price to $25 a few years ago.

Money goes into the general Treasury fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Can I borrow one, I'll return it it in the same condition....

Money goes into the general Treasury fund.
                            Uhhh. Well, ya see, it's like this...

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I wouldn’t mind paying the price of a duck stamp it’s the price of steel shot that I wouldn’t want to pay. 1 box of shells is the same price as duck stamp

Comment

25 bucks is cheap.....

I'd gladly pay twice that much for all that delicious duck meat that I never eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X