No announcement yet.

Hunting Pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my T/C encore in 7-08. I've shot it out to 300 yards at the range and it is crazy accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
      Love my T/C encore in 7-08. I've shot it out to 300 yards at the range and it is crazy accurate.
      I can vouch for this. I have had incredible groups out of mine. Great caliber, fair amount of recoil, but whacking deer at 100 + yds is a lead pipe cinch time after time.

Comment

Man, lots of great info here!! Looks like I'll be grabbing a TC. Haha, now, which caliber is the million dollar question. Lots of great info as well. However, I will probably get something with a more manageable recoil since my FIL is going to get the same caliber as I get so we can share back and forth. Plus, what I really like is how interchangeable barrels are, so if I want to try something else, just go get a different barrel instead of a whole new gun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tons of caliber options in the T/C line. I personally like the size of the contenders over the encore, but you are limited to lower pressure offerings. My suggestion would be stick with the contender if you want a smaller rifle caliber or any of the pistol calibers. They are just easier to carry in my opinion. Also check out Bellm TC's on the net for tons of info. He's a T/C guru.

Comment

I have killed deer with my TC in 30-30,35 Rem.,223 and 22 Hornet.But I would suggest either of the first two.....probably leaning towards the 30-30,handloads with a 30 cal pistol bullet ,130 grain
            Oops,forgot the 7x30 waters,i really liked that one but my DIL talked me out of it. I put a 16 in.barrel and a shoulder stock on it shooting factory 140 gr.ammo. she used it to take a 10 point ,on the wall..
            Last edited by Winman; 08-19-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Now Kenny we need to talk....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've killed hogs with 44, 10mm, and 40 cal.
                The hole's looked about the same on all of them.

In 40 cal. I used a 5" barrel and 155 grain sst loaded by Underwood, my favorite way to pistol hunt so far.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                  Now Kenny we need to talk....

Im not getting away from the bow, just want to entertain another option!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                    Man, lots of great info here!! Looks like I'll be grabbing a TC. Haha, now, which caliber is the million dollar question. Lots of great info as well. However, I will probably get something with a more manageable recoil since my FIL is going to get the same caliber as I get so we can share back and forth. Plus, what I really like is how interchangeable barrels are, so if I want to try something else, just go get a different barrel instead of a whole new gun.

If they make a tc barrel in 6.5 grendel , 6.8, or 7.62 x 39
                    You could also get an ar in the same caliber all 3 are deadly and don't kick to hard.
                    You can find 7.62 x 39 ammo cheap

Comment

Here are mine. 30Br and a 460 I use them in Illinois
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                        Im not getting away from the bow, just want to entertain another option!! Lol

No I’m totally down with the pistol hunting, that being said it’s hard to beat the 44. I run 265 XTP’s in it for hunting but load it down with Unique with 245 lead for practice. The 29’s hold their value very well, are easy to find and offer hunting centric versions. Mine is a Classic Hunter with the 8.375” topped with a 2x Leupold. Just a great all around fun and cartridge that still gives uncompromising performance while effectively managing recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                          Here are mine. 30Br and a 460 I use them in Illinois

Love that .460, flat out performer there man.

Comment

Encore or Contender for bottleneck cartridges for long range. Or and XP 100, if you can find one. For revolver out to 100 yards or bit more, I like my Freedom Arms 83 in .44 mag with a 2x Leupold. for walking around the woods at closer distance, any of my other iron sighted revolvers, or my 6 inch long slide 10mm 1911 that I put together myself.

Comment

The 460 is a great shooting pistol, the muzzle break it is very easy to manage the recoil.

Comment

Been hunting with an original Contender in 7-30 Waters for a long time. Taken deer from 5 - 190 yards. My only complaint is ammo availability, you need to reload. If you want the Contender or G2 size look at a 30-30. For an Encore try a 243 or 308. I've shot the 308 and with the bigger frame recoil isn't that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X