Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outfitter will not return our deposit on a hunt

Well in February we sent in $3000 to a outfitter for some pronghorn permits
    I did this to secure the hunts , for a October trophy rifle hunt
    In the meantime a federal court case I must testify in has been postponed two times, with trial set for the New Mexico pronghorn season, I contacted the outfitter 4 months in advance and he hasn’t been cooperating with return of the deposit, coming up with many new and different issues about the return
    I even had the court clerk send him the docket schedule “ he states not his problem “ any advice on dealing with or compelling him to return the money?
    Thanks

Postpone that federal court case.....only way I'm missing out on a hunt and my deposit is if I'm putting Hillary Clinton in jail......
    then I'm setting up a go fund me to recoup my loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Postpone that federal court case.....only way I'm missing out on a hunt and my deposit is if I'm putting Hillary Clinton in jail......
      LOL...

I would donate to that fund

Comment

Can’t you sell the permits?

Comment

I wish it were that easy but the trial date is now set in stone , and the judge is not sim pathetic about hunting dates vs trial date

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            Can’t you sell the permits?
            I can’t but the outfitter has that option, he is just not very motivated

Comment

What does the outfitter's policy regarding cancellations say?

Comment

Originally posted by RealTreeHunter View Post
                What does the outfitter's policy regarding cancellations say?
                60 day notice, we gave him 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  I wish it were that easy but the trial date is now set in stone , and the judge is not sim pathetic about hunting dates vs trial date
                  Do you have a lawyer? How is the court making you show up? If it's been postponed twice.....it ain't set in stone, especially if I'm losing $3K

Comment

as a business owner I can see both sides , one would think he can fill the slots even if he has to offer a discount , and you pay that amount of offset .

Has to be more to this just he said no .. that seems very odd with 4 months notice ?

sue for 3 G ?? WOW this is not the first time I have read this type of comment on here .

Any one every really have to use a lawyer to get money . First off its going to be 1500-2000 upfront to retain the guy , and if is a out of state deal gets a bit tougher . then you have his fees and filling etc . 3G will be gone in a blink of an eye.

that is a last effort if you ask my opinion .

SO no money back at all nothing 100% out of luck ?
                    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 08-18-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Do you have a lawyer? How is the court making you show up? If it's been postponed twice.....it ain't set in stone, especially if I'm losing $3K
                      The defense has exhausted their appeal for continuance
                      My witness summons is compelled by law
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-18-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I’d imagine a letter from lawyer would make quick work on this. 60 day notice, your owed the deposit back. Only thing I can think of it’s in the fine print deposit is non refundable?

Comment

SICK--They have alternate jurors.

Comment

Federal District Court judges are not going to move a trial date because of a hunt/vacation and trust me you do not want to ignore a federal subpoena. Did you have any type of written agreement with the outfitter?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                              SICK--They have alternate jurors.
                              I am a witness against one civilian and a US Air Force E7 ( already in military custody) facing very lengthy federal sentencing and the officers of the court
                              Will not release any witness even for a great opportunity to hunt a world class pronghorn

No he never sent a written contracts only emailed confirmation
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-18-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X