No announcement yet.

Artifact Experts Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robertt, The right bottom photo is the Scottsbluff which is Paleo period dating 8,000 to 9,000 years old. That point is worth several hundred dollars. The top left piece is possibly older than Archaic. The Scottie is really nice and the material looks great. Very nice and rare piece.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgntxs View Post
      Robertt, The right bottom photo is the Scottsbluff which is Paleo period dating 8,000 to 9,000 years old. That point is worth several hundred dollars. The top left piece is possibly older than Archaic. The Scottie is really nice and the material looks great. Very nice and rare piece.
      It’s a great point but several hundred, not likely. Realistically, in the $150 range. Still, that doesn’t take away from it rarity or beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by rdgntxs View Post
        Thanks everyone for all of your wisdom. I plan to pass these on to my son with the understanding they stay in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
          Here are the ones you requested.

Top left is an Early Triangle. Some disagreement on age but i dig them early archaic. 7,000 years old is a good guess. 100 dollar item. The next two are hard to ID. Bottom right is just as several of us suspected. ScottsBluff. It is small for the type and seriously exhausted. Still a rare item. Because of its state, its probably around where reelthreat put it in the 400-20004 dollar range. i love it though. Its 10,000ish years old.

Comment

I actually wouldnt be too surprised if the middle item is ScottsBluff related as well. I cant see the flaking on it well enough to say though.

Comment

It's good to hear that you are keeping the collection in your family. That means alot and gives greater authentication to the artifacts. Too bad you can't go back and look around for more. I'm sure they are out there if someone else hasn't already done it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Top left is an Early Triangle. Some disagreement on age but i dig them early archaic. 7,000 years old is a good guess. 100 dollar item. The next two are hard to ID. Bottom right is just as several of us suspected. ScottsBluff. It is small for the type and seriously exhausted. Still a rare item. Because of its state, its probably around where reelthreat put it in the 400-20004 dollar range. i love it though. Its 10,000ish years old.

I fat fingered the heck out of those numbers. meant to say, 100-200 dollar range.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                  X