No announcement yet.

Truck Repair Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call some local auto parts stores and ask around for a good/honest mechanic. I found a guy like this and he is the only guy I use.
    Best of luck to you.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

A head gasket and O2 sensor are way different diagnosis's. So different that I would get a third opinion. Hopefully it is not the head gasket. And if it is not, I would be pretty upset with the first place that tried to hose you, and that makes me wonder about if they did work for you in the past. And did they take advantage of you then./

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
        Thanks for everyones input!

Are you in the austin area? If so do yourself a huge favor and take it to Charlie are Jerry's Garage in Round Rock. The dude has saved me tons of money.

Comment

I am, thanks DirtyMike

Comment

I would go with the O2 sensor, check the coolant levels and watch your temp gauge (hope it actually has a true gauge - not just a dummy light). if it has a dummy temp light - get a laser temp gun and see how hot it is running at idle.

I will tell you based on a quick report from consumer reports, the 2013 is scored 2 outta five stars for reliability. Also it is ranked 5 outta 6 in 2013 pickups (2nd to last). 2011, 2013 and 2017 are all rated below average on reliability so you may be headed for more trouble down the road. Good news is the transmission and motor are not problem areas on the reliability chart per consumer reports.

good luck!

Comment

I do know my fathers ecoboost (2011 model) had a leaky water pump at 100,000 miles. Blown head gasket you would know, and pretty quick. Check the oil for "wahoo color" and coolant levels very low.

Comment

I would put some sodium cilicate in it.. then run away from it.

Comment

First off I don't think a code will tell you that you have a blown head gasket and second if there is a blown head gasket you will feel the lose of power. There will be water in your oil and look like chocolate milk or oil in your coolant but that is usually intake gasket issue. The engine will run a little hotter. If the codes have not been flashed yet just stop by o'rielly's and let them read it.

Comment

Sounds like mechanic 1 has some bills he needs to pay.

I'd go with mechanic 2 but first I would change the oil myself and look at the color and see if it is milky.

Scanner isn't going to tell you the head gasket is blown and that price is ridiculous to change it.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!!!

Comment

option 2 then trade it!

Comment

Working...
                        X