Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I call BS
    So be it. I have nothing to lie about and really don’t care. I just answered the question.

What are you basing BS off of?

Comment

I don't really consider it a need thing. I like to drive a diesel. Do I need one, hell no. I have a bunch of crap I don't need. I don't need a 55" inch tv, but I have one

Comment

Here is what most folks seem to be getting with the 6.4.

The most accurate Ram 2500 MPG estimates based on real world results of 10.2 million miles driven in 486 Ram 2500s

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
          I don't really consider it a need thing. I like to drive a diesel. Do I need one, hell no. I have a bunch of crap I don't need. I don't need a 55" inch tv, but I have one
          Exactly. I have 2 diesels. I likem

Comment

2018 F 350 gas burner. Everything is great except the mpg.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys . What ever I get it won’t be new. Finding a lot of dodge 4dr 4wd hemi and a few Chevys . 6.0 Will have to drive them both and see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Here is what most folks seem to be getting with the 6.4.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500?e...=&submodel_id=
                I will say that on both my hemi and Cummins the digital mpg guage is always off by at least 1.5 to 2 mpg over hand calc. this last tank of diesel showed 18.8. hand calc was 16.9

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                  Before I got the Cummings, I test drove a 2018 2500 with a 6.4. It had power but not until u hit 3, 000 rpm and above. It averaged around 10- 12 mpg on the highway. I went with the diesel because when I hook my 33 ft camper to it, mpg gonna drop down.to maybe 7. That was the case with the 1500 with the hemi, pulling the camper I was getting 5 mpg.
                  This but what do I know never had one just seems a little high

Comment

If your set on a 3/4 ton go with a diesel. Gas 3/4 ton 11 mpg diesel 18. But diesel is 70 cents a gallon higher

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                      I will say that on both my hemi and Cummins the digital mpg guage is always off by at least 1.5 to 2 mpg over hand calc. this last tank of diesel showed 18.8. hand calc was 16.9
                      My Ford is the same way. Shows 18, but gets 16.5.

I bought my current truck in 2016 (6.7 Powerstroke). I almost bought the 6.2 Ford gas.
                      I test drove it for the weekend. It showed it was getting around 10 mpg. That truck had 4.30 gears.
                      Mileage wasn’t really a concern of mine. The only thing I didn’t like was when on the highway and you wanted to go around someone, but not floor it. It would almost always have to downshift. My diesels have never had to do that. Maybe I am just used to the torque of a diesel. That’s all I have owned since the early 90s.
                      Who knows I may buy a gas next go around with the way prices are going up on trucks.
                      Last edited by Rubi513; 08-15-2018, 07:40 PM.

Comment

2009 5.7 Hemi to an 2018 2500 3/4 Cummins. Dnt tow that much. Should have changed along time ago. I now know what it feels like to drive a real truck, not halfaone. The gasser lasted 10 years and 217K miles. Son Still drive’s it everyday for a work truck. I am expecting the diesel to last double that or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          Thanks for all the info guys . What ever I get it won’t be new. Finding a lot of dodge 4dr 4wd hemi and a few Chevys . 6.0 Will have to drive them both and see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I have a 2015 6.4 Hemi crew cab 4x4. I like it a lot. I'd buy another one. My 2004 F250 had the 6.8 V10. I just don't tow often enough or heavy enough to justify a diesel. But if you do tow often or heavy the diesel is the way to go for both the power and the mileage. Gassers don't pass many gas stations when towing heavy. I've never done the math, but my friends with Powerstrokes and Cummins claim to get 20-21 mpg highway when running unloaded over longer distances so at some point I reckon you could drive enough miles that the improved fuel economy would offset the increased costs of the diesel.

LWD

Comment

If you keep that truck in stock form, don’t count on it. Everyone has their opinions, go drive them and pick what you like.

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                            2009 5.7 Hemi to an 2018 2500 3/4 Cummins. Dnt tow that much. Should have changed along time ago. I now know what it feels like to drive a real truck, not halfaone. The gasser lasted 10 years and 217K miles. Son Still drive’s it everyday for a work truck. I am expecting the diesel to last double that or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              My Ford is the same way. Shows 18, but gets 16.5.

I bought my current truck in 2016 (6.7 Powerstroke). I almost bought the 6.2 Ford gas.
                              I test drove it for the weekend. It showed it was getting around 10 mpg. That truck had 4.30 gears.
                              Mileage wasn’t really a concern of mine. The only thing I didn’t like was when on the highway and you wanted to go around someone, but not floor it. It would almost always have to downshift. My diesels have never had to do that. Maybe I am just used to the torque of a diesel. That’s all I have owned since the early 90s.
                              Who knows I may buy a gas next go around with the way prices are going up on trucks.

I haven’t broken it down to the exact dollar but wouldn’t it be a wash if you can afford the diesel vs the gas in 5 years? For example:

If you buy a diesel for 75k and a gas truck for 65k and paid both off in 5 years I would think the diesel would resale for 10k more than the gas with the same mileage. Things can very and I would think the higher the mileage the gap would widen with diesel vs the gas which may offset the higher cost of maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                I haven’t broken it down to the exact dollar but wouldn’t it be a wash if you can afford the diesel vs the gas in 5 years? For example:

If you buy a diesel for 75k and a gas truck for 65k and paid both off in 5 years I would think the diesel would resale for 10k more than the gas with the same mileage. Things can very and I would think the higher the mileage the gap would widen with diesel vs the gas which may offset the higher cost of maintenance.

With no major repairs? Probably. But the higher the mileage the more chance of a costly repair with a diesel.
                                It may not be worth it to some, but I sure enjoy the power of the diesel.

My bil just deleted his powerstroke and it sure runs good! I am getting the itch!

Comment

Working...
                                X