No announcement yet.

Dog in the Deer Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We take our Chesapeake out usually once or twice a weekend, wife shot this deer with the dog this year
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Must not worry about scent control.
      Dog smell doesn’t seem to make any issues. Wife has had better luck than the rest of us many times. Heck, I have actually watched deer follow a coyote back into the woods.

Comment

Here's my buddies dog

Comment

Dog in the Deer Blind?

Saw this last week and got the idea. Taking my rescue puppy, Sam (you may remember the thread "saving sam") to the blind with me for the first time today. Hopefully all goes well...

At about 10 mos, shes pretty calm. Thinking about her reaction to a dead pig last weekend though has me nervous that she'll start barking at the scent of pigs.

Turns out she's part coyote according to DNA test and vet. Not sure if that makes a difference, scent-wise.

Here's hoping it works out. It would sure make for a lot more hunting for me if she can tag along. Without a "babysitter" for her, I miss out on some hunts because I don't want to leave her in her kennel any more than I already do

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 08-24-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I took my Blue Heeler into my ground blind and he just iaid there until I shot a nice 10 point and he wouldn't go near that dead buck, until I strated to gut the deer and then I couldn't keep him away because of the blood.lol.

Comment

My dog goes with me in all my box blinds and makes a subtle growl when he picks up movement. Sits up in chair and watches windows. He understands not to bark when hunting. As mentioned, he can see a heck of a lot better than me and will alert me when he catches movement. He has a different growl for different animals.
              Last edited by txhunter-1; 10-21-2019, 06:39 AM.

Comment

All the time.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X