No announcement yet.

off the grid water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Aermotor Windmill pumping capacities to determine which size of windmill is right for you. Call us with questions!

Comment

the lowest one is right at 1 GPM

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        Do you collect in a smaller container then pump to these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        No, it drains right off the roof into those. You have to have a roof washer to filter out debris though.

Comment

We considered a RWCS for the house we just completed. We have commercial water but it’s hard as nails and frequently has issues. For a 20,000 gal system was around $17,000. The rainwater is soft so does not destroy the pluming fixtures. We can drill a well for $6-8K. Probably won’t do it here. Where wells are more expensive they become cost competitive.

Some systems collect the water from the ac. Not sure how much that adds.

Comment

1000 sq/ft roof area and a 1inch rain you would collect 600 gallons and an average sq/ft roof I would say is 2500~sq/ft so that’s 1500 gallons with a 1 inch rain so yes that’s a lot of rain to fill those but 100 gallons a day sounds wayyyyyy high to me. I would say if it was just used for toilets showers and sinks maybe 50 gallons at the highest

Comment

I have lived on a 5000 gal rain catch system for 3 years and have never gotten close to emptying it. Single guy though and live on a rock so no landscaping or anything to maintain

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
                I know a few families in the hill country that use water catchment system exclusively for their water. Including my neighbor.

The realtor that we used to buy our house has 5 kids and that's how they get their water. In fact her husband installs them
                we may have had the same realtor

a well in edwards county was running 30k-40k last I looked so i catch rain water for the house and haul it from a cistern for troughs and landscape

Comment

Working...
                X