Tigers finally back!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    My last thought on the "will he win again" question.
    Winning a golf tournament is in the top 4 hardest things to do in sports (IMO)
    Go to a baseball, football, hoops, soccer game or match and one of those teams goes home a happy Winner every night.
    150 guys start a golf tournament and 1 guy wins each week. In the 52 weeks this year there were 49 events. Probably had 8 guys that won twice a couple 3 times. Thats 21 of the 49. So 28 others won once lets say.
    1 winner out of 150 is like a .0066% chance to win
    38 winners out of 7350 starters. Thats 7312 losers. Something like a .0051% chance of winning.
    All #'s are +or- of course.

#2...Attempting to hit a 100 mph baseball one pitch then a 86 mph curve the next.
    #3... Skating on ice, handling a puck with a stick and another guy beating on you while trying to score.
    #4... NFL QB, having 40 seconds to do the number of things he has to do in that short period of time and be successful.
    I'm gonna say pool is harder. The stroke requires more, than golf, the game itself is exponentially larger, and it's the only sport where you don't get a fair start, and you are forced to start way behind your opponent many many times. If the guy breaks and runs the entire set, guess what, you lost and never got to the table, now your in the losers bracket, and you will have to win twice as many matches to make the finals. Your opponent could break and run 8 racks in a race to 9, and now your forced to win 9 games to his 1 and you haven't taken the first shot. The mental aspect alone, blows golf out of the water. It would be the equivalent of stepping into the tee box and the ref notifying you that you will start 8 strokes behind Tiger. Try fading that action every time you play a major, and your playing to support yourself. Pool is still considered and underground sport though, and very few people understand it for what it is.

Comment

Tiger who? lol

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
        I’d prefer $1000, but $100 is good. Not sure how we would police this. We’re talking about an 8 year bet.
        I am still in for the $100.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
          Pretty reasonable thoughts, but I'm not sure you're giving this new Tiger quite enough credit. Aside from spraying the driver, Tiger today hit his irons every bit as surgically as in his prime, and putted virtually as well, also. What we have to realize is that the "young guns" on the current tour grew up emulating Tiger and his game and approach. Essentially, Koepka is a younger version of Tiger, physically. So, no, Tiger may not "dominate" as in the old days, but his game will play just fine with any of these guys, and his mental toughness is showing more and more signs of the old "killer" mode. I think he will do a lot better than play "competitive."

I was one of them that thought Tiger was washed up. Looks like he’s got a chance to do some winning over the next few years now. It’s definitely good for golf and their ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
            I am still in for the $100.
            Deal. I may be dead by the time he wins, so you might have a hard time collecting. 😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              I'm gonna say pool is harder. The stroke requires more, than golf, the game itself is exponentially larger, and it's the only sport where you don't get a fair start, and you are forced to start way behind your opponent many many times. If the guy breaks and runs the entire set, guess what, you lost and never got to the table, now your in the losers bracket, and you will have to win twice as many matches to make the finals. Your opponent could break and run 8 racks in a race to 9, and now your forced to win 9 games to his 1 and you haven't taken the first shot. The mental aspect alone, blows golf out of the water. It would be the equivalent of stepping into the tee box and the ref notifying you that you will start 8 strokes behind Tiger. Try fading that action every time you play a major, and your playing to support yourself. Billiards is still considered and underground sport though, and very few people understand it for what it is.
              I'm not sure about that but I grew up playing Karam. A game not many people know of. It can make 9 ball and 8 ball looks like child play with respect to both games. I've played at an extremely high level in competition. I also play golf and there just too many variables in golf. Playing inside vs out in weather is one of the BIGGEST factors.

Comment

I understand the haters. DJ was kicked out for drug use and no one says ANYTHING about him. Tiger was never banned......heck there are baseball, basketball and football players worse than Tiger. No one HATES them and calls them washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                  Deal. I may be dead by the time he wins, so you might have a hard time collecting. 😂😂
                  Can I get in on this?

Seems like easy money to me....

Tiger will return to #1 ranking by 2020 also- if he remains healthy

Tiger has never been a good driver of the ball, but was always #1 in scrambling and GIR- 6 months ago he was sitting in a jail cell whacked out of his mind on medication....had the lead at The Open and **** near caught Koepka yesterday....

Ill take the over on another major

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    I'm not sure about that but I grew up playing Karam. A game not many people know of. It can make 9 ball and 8 ball looks like child play with respect to both games. I've played at an extremely high level in competition. I also play golf and there just too many variables in golf. Playing inside vs out in weather is one of the BIGGEST factors.
                    I play a lot of Billiards/Carom, and have also competed at a high level. Thing is carom, pool, snooker, Russian pyramid, balkline, etc..are all the same, and they all cross over. It's just round balls on a flat surface. You can take any skill, from any of the billiard games and use it in any other billiard game. Problem is it would require 10 lifetimes to learn all the strategy, and skill required to master round balls on a flat table, and no 1 person could ever do it, or has ever done it. Golf is also 1 dimensional in the fact it's all offense. What if Tiger had the option to walk up to your 300yard drive, and knock your ball behind a tree? In that regard pool is a chess match which requires and immense amount of knowledge. Variable wise I see no difference. Dead rail on the table, table unlevel, high humidity so the rails are dead, and cloth is slow, no humidity, the table plays very fast, and the balls slide everywhere, and on and on. Age old debate for sure, and I respect your opinion .
                    Last edited by MadHatter; 08-13-2018, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      I play a lot of Billiards/Carom, and have also competed at a high level. Thing is carom, pool, snooker, Russian pyramid, balkline, etc..are all the same, and they all cross over. It's just round balls on a flat surface. You can take any skill, from any of the billiard games and use it in any other billiard game. Problem is it would require 10 lifetimes to learn all the strategy, and skill required to master round balls on a flat table, and no 1 person could ever do it, or has ever done it. Golf is also 1 dimensional in the fact it's all offense. What if Tiger had the option to walk up to your 300yard drive, and knock your ball behind a tree? In that regard pool is a chess match which requires and immense amount of knowledge. Variable wise I see no difference. Dead rail on the table, table unlevel, high humidity so the rails are dead, and cloth is slow, no humidity, the table plays very fast, and the balls slide everywhere, and on and on. Age old debate for sure, and I respect your opinion .
                      Well said.^^^^^^ if you are ever in San Antonio hit me up. I have a Toulet table you have to play on. I have 3 high end tables in my billiard room . Have a few friends who play with me pretty often. Some are pros others are gamblers. I'm in the AC business, I installed a humidifier in unit so I can maintain humidity levels. Usually between 35% to 42 % which I feel is absolutely perfect for tables.
                      Last edited by Marco; 08-13-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Well said.^^^^^^ if you are ever in San Antonio hit me up. I have a Toulet table you have to play on. I have 3 high end tables in my billiard room . Have a few friends who play with me pretty often. Some are pros others are gamblers. Bring cash haha.
                        Lol, small world. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Did you ever know Mr Kim, or Sang Lee?

Comment

Mr Kim who helps with tournaments? If so once. Never Mr lee.

Comment

I'm not Zannetti if that's what you are thinking.

Comment

I understand the haters. DJ was kicked out for drug use and no one says ANYTHING about him. Tiger was never banned......heck there are baseball, basketball and football players worse than Tiger. No one HATES them and calls them washed up.
                              Lol good point.

Tiger and TBH is like high fence vs low fence. No matter what he does, there will be haters just as high fence huntin is cheating and easy. The same guys who hate him so much make sure to comment on every thread. Is it really hate or a chance to stir the pot?!?. Do those guys hate MJ too? He’s a divorced pro athlete. How many other athletes are divorced or where caught in some scandal. Do we hatecthem all too? It’s simple, keyboard warriors are everywhere. Jealousy makes haters, and people will find something to argue about.

I got one was thrilled as hell to watch the final two rounds. I watched the final round twice already for the most part. He’s not ‘back’ persay but he’s making noise and his haters are worried they will have to eat crow. When he wins, it’s going to huge. He’s had transgressions and relapses in the negative manner along with major injuries but he’s fighting and willing to put his body thru hell to achieve greatness again. That’s commendable to most except a hater.

Comment

It's not that I hate Tiger I just don't like the fact that when is in a tournament all they talk about is Tiger. They show Tiger tee off, walk down the fairway hit is shot walk to the the next one. You might get a shot of another golfer putting or maybe a tee shot but 80% of the time it is all about Tiger. They would follow into the outhouse if they could. I just turn it off and do something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X