Elk Hunter Meet and Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunter Meet and Great

Every year it seems there are a few threads where people are looking for someone to elk hunt with. This may have already been done but would anyone be interested in a weekend of shooting bows and maybe even a day hike with packs?

Edit: I should've mentioned maybe this could be in the spring before summer scouting.
    Last edited by jaytx; 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM.

I'll be doing a 200 mile run down the Quachita trail, the beginning of Oct in preparation if anyone wants to join. I know a lot bow hunt on here, so kinda late for those guys. Hunting out west has always been me and my fathers thing though. He hasn't missed a season in 43 yrs I think, but the problem is he is 80, so we rifle hunt.

Comment

Thats a haul! Pretty cool he still goes hunting in the mountains. How many days does that take you?

Comment

Congrats to him. Hope I'm still out there when I'm 80.

Comment

Originally posted by jaytx View Post
          Thats a haul! Pretty cool he still goes hunting in the mountains. How many days does that take you?
          9 -11 says, depending. It's a good trail, lots of elevation changes, but relatively easy.
          Yes, hes a soldier. We'll be packing in. I make 2 trips, in 2 days with the gear, he walks for 2 days to get there . I might do a thread on it.

Comment

Working...
          X