No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we went out sunday morning and between 4 of us only killed 4 birds, we should have had a handful more, some point blank misses, but it was really slow at a spot that they usually limit out at by 8-830.

i did get my first wood duck though (only been hunting 3 times) and dropped it off at the taxidermist, looking forward to next season.

Comment

Finished out my season with this Cinnamon yesterday morning. It was the last bird to finish out our 2 man limit and I was pumped!
      Attached Files

Comment

I killed more ducks this season than any year since I was in high school (in the '80s). I killed 5 last Saturday. First time I've hunted ducks since back then. My son has been hunting them all year this year, and he finally talked me into going with him. We had a great time. I'll be after them more next year.

They're fun to hunt. I just wish they tasted like quail. I need to mount a couple though. Killed a couple of nice pintail Saturday. Would have made a good mount, but I'll wait til next year, Lord willing. I want a wood duck.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          THANKS!
          Can't really say it drove me any harder with the pup. I drive hard always. Duck hunting is my life other than family. Nothing I would rather do. Whether killing or not I never get tired of it after 48 years of going. I will hunt till 11-12 just about every hunt I make unless I limit sooner.
          I hope I still have the desire to chase them like you do, and the love for the sport when I get your age. That's pretty hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
            Finished out my season with this Cinnamon yesterday morning. It was the last bird to finish out our 2 man limit and I was pumped!
            Congrats. What area if the state did you get the Cinny?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
              Congrats. What area if the state did you get the Cinny?
              I got him in Garwood.

Comment

25 Ducks for me total on the year. Skunked 10+ times.

Hope my old dog has a few more years in her! Not a great season to end on.

Finished our last morning in the fog with 3 spoonies. Should have been 6 but I was'nt shooting well. 3 separate groups of two came in, all three groups killed the first one on the first shell, then missed second bird. Oh well, better than ending on a skunk.

Comment

A bad duck season is still a lot of fun. The new year was off to a good start with my first deer, and my first cinammon teal.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Some beautiful birds in this thread. Congrats to everyone on a great season!

Ours was the worst we've ever had numbers-wise for ducks. We really didn't have much show up until late December. Had a few good hunts and LOTS of slow ones. Ended up hunting 11 of the last 14 mornings of the season.

2 coolest memories of my season both happened last week. Hunted a pond that was loaded with birds, but with the full moon it was super bright in the dark. I got set up really early and had probably 50 pintail and wigeon land at 10 yards, 15 minutes before go time . I just sat and soaked it all in. By shooting time they moved way out of range. It was awesome just sitting there listening to them. Just have to tip your cap to them when they do it like that.

My second was with my dog. This is my first season hunting him and he made his best retrieve on Friday. Made an 80 yard swim on a gadwall drake that was still alive. Bird dove on him a bunch when he got there but he stuck with him and finally came back with him. Bird dogs are the coolest.

Here's a few strap pics from the last 2 weeks. Got lots of pics and videos to start working on now that season is over

Comment

Big time down year for me. Normally kill anywhere from 125-160 birds in a year, killed 46 this year. I was able to kill my first bufflehead but wasn't able to hit my goal of killing my first canada. Have that and the elusive band to look forward to for next year. Also if anyone knows of a lease opening within a couple hours from college station i would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                        Big time down year for me. Normally kill anywhere from 125-160 birds in a year, killed 46 this year. I was able to kill my first bufflehead but wasn't able to hit my goal of killing my first canada. Have that and the elusive band to look forward to for next year. Also if anyone knows of a lease opening within a couple hours from college station i would be interested.
                        How did y'all do at Gus this past weekend? We killed a few mallards and woodies but didn't get on them very well.

Comment

Im not far from you in franklin and it was terrible around here. A lot of buddies I talked to agreed. But if you find a lease around c stat let me know. I am wanting to get on a place bad.

Comment

Only 7 more months until early teal gents, won’t be too long now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                              How did y'all do at Gus this past weekend? We killed a few mallards and woodies but didn't get on them very well.
                              We killed 6 both days... 4 mallards and 2 ringers on saturday. Sunday we killed 6 greenheads but all came after that fog lifted from 9:45-11ish. That area we hunted was bad *** but was a too much water for us to cover.

Comment

We killed 6 both days... 4 mallards and 2 ringers on saturday. Sunday we killed 6 greenheads but all came after that fog lifted from 9:45-11ish. That area we hunted was bad *** but was a too much water for us to cover.
                                Good deal. Glad y'all had a good hunt. That marsh definitely holds some birds. It was good to have met you.

Comment

Working...
                                X