No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! Keep on pushing Emmett. Continued prayers for y’all!

Comment

That is fabulous!!!
      Prayers still going up!

Comment

Great news and prayers continue!

Comment

Day 53 update. During rounds, the doctor asked the group how old Emmett was, which I promptly replied "52 days." They were surprised I knew that so quickly. Well you see, I do these updates...

Emmett had another great day today. He's impressing with how well he's doing so quickly after a bad infection. Emmett continues to tolerate his feeds well. So does his gut! He is also doing well on his bubble CPAP. We would like to start weaning his rate down from 7, as we need to be lower to consider switching him to a cannula.

Our care conference went well this afternoon. In attendance was a neonatal doctor, cardiologist, electrophysiologist, and a nurse. Emmett is a unique case that has the doctors uncertain about a few things. His PDA valve is still open, and the moderate hypertrophy is still prevalent. I'll map out what our best case scenario is. Hopefully, the PDA will gradually start to close itself, without any intervention. As it slowly closes, the heart will be able to slowly adapt, and wont create for another left ventricular outflow obstruction, which became an issue when the PDA closed early last month. With the PDA closed, the hypertrophy will then go away. As I mentioned though, this speculative and hopeful at best. If the PDA doesn't close on it's own, we will be looking at either surgery, or a cath lab procedure where they enter through a blood vessel in his leg and thread a catheter to his heart. Our main concern is that the hypertrophy regresses. This is a very risky open heart surgery to fix if not.

I realized after a few folks asked today that I didn't update you all about the contest. Emmett won by a landslide, thanks to you all! As long as Emmett doesn't throw us any curve balls, we'll be heading to College Station this weekend to see a game! A full hospitality pass including sideline passes and great seats were part of the package. BYHO Kentucky! All of the nurses and doctors here have been pushing for us to get out and have a day to ourselves. I think this will do us good. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great news! Is a hypertrophy a trophy buck that won't be still? [emoji23] Continued thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                Day 53 update. During rounds, the doctor asked the group how old Emmett was, which I promptly replied "52 days." They were surprised I knew that so quickly. Well you see, I do these updates...

Emmett had another great day today. He's impressing with how well he's doing so quickly after a bad infection. Emmett continues to tolerate his feeds well. So does his gut! He is also doing well on his bubble CPAP. We would like to start weaning his rate down from 7, as we need to be lower to consider switching him to a cannula.

Our care conference went well this afternoon. In attendance was a neonatal doctor, cardiologist, electrophysiologist, and a nurse. Emmett is a unique case that has the doctors uncertain about a few things. His PDA valve is still open, and the moderate hypertrophy is still prevalent. I'll map out what our best case scenario is. Hopefully, the PDA will gradually start to close itself, without any intervention. As it slowly closes, the heart will be able to slowly adapt, and wont create for another left ventricular outflow obstruction, which became an issue when the PDA closed early last month. With the PDA closed, the hypertrophy will then go away. As I mentioned though, this speculative and hopeful at best. If the PDA doesn't close on it's own, we will be looking at either surgery, or a cath lab procedure where they enter through a blood vessel in his leg and thread a catheter to his heart. Our main concern is that the hypertrophy regresses. This is a very risky open heart surgery to fix if not.

I realized after a few folks asked today that I didn't update you all about the contest. Emmett won by a landslide, thanks to you all! As long as Emmett doesn't throw us any curve balls, we'll be heading to College Station this weekend to see a game! A full hospitality pass including sideline passes and great seats were part of the package. BYHO Kentucky! All of the nurses and doctors here have been pushing for us to get out and have a day to ourselves. I think this will do us good. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!

That’s a great update. My daughter had to have the procedure done in the cath lab because her PDA murmur wouldn’t close on its own. The left side of her heart was bigger than the right. It was amazing how fast she changed after the procedure. When we were waiting in post op she was crawling all over the place and we couldn’t keep up with her because her heart was working properly. Heck she is five now and we still can’t.

Comment

Unfortunately my original thread about the raffle for this family was deleted. If you would like to help this family out with a donation or buy a raffle ticket please follow this link.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Stepp View Post
                    Unfortunately my original thread about the raffle for this family was deleted. If you would like to help this family out with a donation or buy a raffle ticket please follow this link.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

If you didn’t get approval before posting that’s probably why it was deleted. Even though it’s for a good cause.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Wow Colton, he's really growing! It is amazing what eatin' steady has done for him!! Praise God for that!

Lord, we come to You once again offering up our praise and all honor and glory to You giving thanks for this precious little boy! Thank You Lord for the strength and fighting spirit You have given him. Thank You Lord for all Emmett's care team. What mighty warriors they all are for You and Your Glory! Lord we ask You, in Your own time, in Your own way, heal Emmett's heard deformity and make his heart whole, healthy and strong. Give him the lungs that he needs to get these machines off of his little body that he may be free to be held, hugged and loved on by him mom and dad. Lord we all yearn for the day Emmett is a normal little boy growing up under Your care. Lord I lift up mom and dad to you that they may rest easy knowing You are protecting Emmett and them as well. Give them the break they need to get away for a time to do some healing and bonding themselves. Lord strengthen their bonds for each other and continue the process of molding two flesh to one. We love You lord, In Jesus name, Amen.

Keep the good news coming Colton!! Thank you sir for your dedication to these updates for the rest of Emmett's remote family!!

Comment

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        If you didn’t get approval before posting that’s probably why it was deleted. Even though it’s for a good cause.

Sierracharlie out…

WAS DUE TO NOT ALLOWING RAFFLE TO TAKE PLACE ON TBH. AUCTIONS BUT NOT RAFFLES.

If you are interested follow the link.
                        Last edited by Coach Stepp; 10-03-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

More prayers! That baby boy is growing!

Comment

Great report! Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Stepp View Post

Thank you so much for doing this. Can't tell you how much it means to my wife and I. 5 months in the NICU and extensive therapy after will be rough financially, but we would sell the house and live in a cardboard box if it meant having our son! Thank you again!

Comment

He'll make it. You better finish the baby room while you still can. The Lord holds these little dude's a little closer I think. Be quick to recover and quick to rejoice.

Comment

Working...
                                X