Comment

Amen! Praying for Emmett and all!

Comment

Prayers up!!

Comment

Keep the good news coming!
            Continued prayers.

Comment

Day 51 update. Aside from a heart rate slightly lower than we would prefer, today was a good day. Milk feeds went up to 16 ml, which is just over 50% of a full feeding. Tomorrow they should jump his amount up considerably. All of his tests came back great. Believe it or not, but what we thought was all fluid weight has stayed with Emmett. He's now 3lb 14oz! It was looking as if we were going to have a perfect day...

As you all have witnessed through these updates, we've had our fair share of scary moments with Emmett. Well, we added another "event" to the list this afternoon. While I was holding little man this afternoon, mom retired to the McDonald house to get ready for the night. We were left for some guy time, which we both were enjoying wholly. Suddenly, Emmett pushed off of my chest, pulling his head back in the process too. It spooked me, and I pulled Emmett back to my chest with a "why did you do that buddy?"

During last night's rounds, we expressed our eagerness to get Emmett extubated. With a grin, the doctor said they were too, but we have to be patient. We got the same response this morning, but were told that he's getting close. Although eager, we fully understood this and knew the doctors were doing what was best for him. Emmett on the other hand, had other plans in mind.

I instantly knew something wasnt right. Back against my chest, I begin hearing noises that I knew wasn't right. As I reached to grab the call light, the nurse was walking in the room. I expressed my concern as she walked over to check him. Almost instantly, she wheeled around and called for RT and the Nurse Practitioner(NP). The alarm on the vitals monitor pulled my attention away from the nurse, and it confirmed why she was bringing in help. Both his heart rate and 02 satuation were plummeting. Emmett was quickly pulled from my chest, and as they were placing him in the bed I heared the nurse say " I don't think he's intubated still." Emmett begin turning purple, and my heart begin sinking further in my chest. The NP said to extubate him. The tape on his face holding the tube was yanked off, and the tube was pulled. The dreaded oxygen mask was brought out, and they begin giving him air, while the nurse begin suctioning air from his tummy. Thankfully, Emmett came back quickly and started breathing again. As Emmett's color began coming back, so did Dads.

In pushing off my chest, Emmett was able to pull his breathing tube from his windpipe, causing it to begin pushing air into his stomach. The tube then kept him from being able to breath on his own. The tape on his mouth holding the tube should keep this from happening, but it gave just enough.

So, here we are on bubble CPAP without a doctor's order for it to be found. He seems to be tolerating it well, as his oxygen requirement is in the mid 30s. His blood gas showed acceptable C02. Now we pray that he can hang in there and stay on CPAP. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

prayers up to the most high for healing this tiny miracle

Comment

Emmett son, you need to calm down a little. All this jumping around is just going to have to wait a little longer. Prayers to Mom and Dad to stay strong.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Still praying for Emmett and family. Amen

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Suddenly, Emmett pushed off of my chest, pulling his head back in the process too. It spooked me, and I pulled Emmett back to my chest with a "why did you do that buddy?"

I think he just realized he was missing archery season. I have had the same reaction before.

I jest of course, and I know it's no laughing matter. Since I was diagnosed, I find in times of stress I have been turning to humor lately. I said another prayer just now for Emmet and family to stay strong. And for his wonderful care team to stay vigilant.

Comment

Hang tough guys! More prayers lifted!

Comment

Still praying with you guys!

Comment

Day 52 update. I'll cut right to the chase; today was as good of a day as it gets! Emmett was able to continue doing well on his oxygen requirements throughout the night and into the day. He definitely said no to any reintubation thoughts. Emmett was bumped up to 24 ml of milk, and will be back on full fortified feeds tomorrow. After talking with the ID doctor, it was decided that Emmett would continue his IV antibiotics for 6 more days, unless he losses his IV line. Emmett once again took matters into his own hands, as not 2 hours later his IV site begin turning red and inflamed. So, we are done with IV lines now and on oral medication! This good news would have made the day in itself, but it didn't stop there. While popping in to check on Emmett, the nurse asked if we had his first outfit picked out, as they thought it was time to move him to a crib! We had just the outfit in mind. Next thing I knew I was holding Emmett as they wheeled the isolette out and brought the crib in. We got Emmett settled in his new bed and swaddled tight. He was loving his new changes!

Tomorrow is a big day in that we have a care conference set up with Emmett's entire team of doctors. We asked for this conference to discuss Emmett's heart; what the short and long term goals are as well as pacemaker questions. This will help us fully understand the issues at hand relating to his heart.

We are so blessed to be back in good health and thriving. Our prayers have been answered time and time again. Thank you all for your unwavering prayers. Seeing all the pictures being posted of you all in Emmettstrong T shirts gives us such a good feeling. Mom, Dad, and Emmett can't thank you all enough!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Go, Emmett, go! That’s great news and prayers continue!

Comment

A fitting balloon for y'all's little Superman. As always, thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X