Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    Day 29 update. Another sleepless night that we've grown accustomed to now had passed, and we found ourselves sitting in Emmett's room waiting for answers. At 11:30 this morning, the medical team overseeing Emmett arrived at his door for morning rounds. The doctor could likely see the concern on our faces, so she jumped straight to the MRI results. After hearing the results, Krystal and I turned and hugged each other tight... everything was ok! They determined the spot to be a small brain hemorrhage, but it was in a good area for one and they had no further concerns about it. His body will absorb the spot, and there are no fears of long term issues resulting from this. God heared our prayers last night while on our knees in that Seton Chapel. God heard all of your prayers. We're so thankful.

The icing on the cake followed immediately after the great MRI news. We've got our first negative blood culture back! As long as we get one more tomorrow, Emmett will be eligible for the picc line, and some much needed rest from sticks. It is baffling that Emmett is able to continue giving blood after so many sticks. Emmett is now up to 10 ml of milk and tolerating it well. We're still hopeful for that first bowel movement, which he might need a little help tomorrow in the form of a glycerin suppository.

Mr Emmett spent the day kicking and fighting about, throwing temper tantrums when touched, and overall looking like a healthy boy. We're so blessed and relieved to be in good standing again. I hope we've experienced our last big setback. If not, I feel confident that a simple call for prayers from all of you amazing people will pull us through again. We can't thank you folks enough for everything you've done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Awesome awesome. News. Just said my nightly prayers but can't sleep thx to allergies so I got on here to check in. Happy to read this update. Praises to our lord and savior!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

I hold my breath every time I open this thread. God is good. Continued prayers.

Comment

Our God is an awesome God! I check in daily, and your latest update was so good to see.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
            Our God is an awesome God! I check in daily, and your latest update was so good to see.
            Amen to this! Very good to see! Keep fighting buddy!

Comment

Prayers continue to be lifted!

Comment

Prayers continue.

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

praying for you guys and continued improvement for Emmett

Comment

More prayers sent, so thankful for the positive news of the MRI.

Comment

Day behind. Getting caught up.

Day 30 update. We awoke with much more enthusiasm for the day than we have in the past few. At 10 am, the nurse determined that Emmett's IV line was leaking and needed to be replaced. We were in a predicament at that moment, as the last culture needed 2 more hours to be considered negative. Rather than having to stick him again, the doctor opted to give him his TPN and sedative orally, then shave an hour off of that culture time. That was a relief, and one less stick for our little man. As the nurses began preparation for the picc line, I excused myself to sit in the confines of our room and worry. I finally got a call from the nurse, informing me that they were unsuccessful with the first attempt. I cringed, as it meant they had only one more shot at it. The phone finally rang again, and nurse excitedly informed me that they were successful with the second attempt! Thank you God.

Our good news for the day was not only limited to the picc line however. In the wee hours of the morning, Emmett made a messy diaper, and it was one for the books. He actually went down in weight 10 grams when they weighed him this morning! So everything seems to be working right with his digestive tract. Furthermore, they decided to extubate Emmett and take him off of the ventilator! The process went good, and he's doing pretty well thus far breathing on his own. So we (re)accomplished some big milestones today.

Krystal and I were humbled by the generosity of so many people today. Several close friends and family threw Krystal an extravagant (from what I hear) baby shower filled with love, laughter, and gifts. Krystal's crossfit group presented her with a stack of gift cards which was extremely generous of them. My work colleges pulled together and made a remarkable donation to the gofundme account. I'm extremely blessed to work with such an amazing group of people. From the very bottoms of our hearts, we thank you all!

Oh, I almost forgot. Emmett said his first words tonight! It was quite impressive. Standing by his isolette, Emmett beckoned me over. As I learned in, he softly said "it's alright dad, the Aggies played one heck of a game." You know what, he's never spoke truer words!
                        [emoji16]

Comment

Day 31 update. Smiles are wide, spirits are high, and Emmett is kicking butt! We're so thankful for another good day.

Rounds started with a new face in the mix. A new to Emmett doctor was back from a 6 month stint at Seton main. He seems to be right on par with the other great neonatal doctors here at Dell. Although Emmett was somewhat high on his oxygen requirements, overall he had another really good day. Emmett is also now receiving full feeds of milk, fortified with some extra nutrients for growth. He's grown a couple ounces too, tipping the scales at 2 lbs 9 oz!

With today, Emmett is now 29 weeks gestational. Many people here view 30 weeks as "getting over the hump," so we're getting close now. Looking forward, we have several important milestones ahead that come at the 32 week mark. First up will be an eye exam. Many premature babies experience vision problems from excess oxygen needs to maintain O2 saturations. We're praying this is not the case with Emmett. Additionally, Emmett will soon gain the ability to regulate his body temperature, thus negating the need for a heated isolette.

As always, we want to thank everyone for all of the support and prayers.

Comment

continuing to pray for Emmett.

Comment

Great news

Continued prayers

Comment

Praise God for this report!! Praise God for Emmett's team of care-givers! Praise God for the continued healing and growing!

Thank You Lord for the mighty work You are doing in Emmett! Lord we know You are in control and we are so joyful for these reports the past few days. It is so obvious Your hand is all over this tiny baby and his family. We thank You for that! Lord, we ask You, give him strong eyes that see clearly the world around him. Give him strength to overcome any negative side-effects of all the medical procedures necessary to overcome all the obstacles to being delivered so early in his development. Give mom and dad comfort and we lift them up to You for strength and for peace and rest that will help them gain their strength for the day they get to take Emmett home with them to begin the real business of raising him up in the way he should go. Thank You Lord for the stability of these past few days. We ask You Lord, give Emmett stability extended far into the future as he continues to grow stronger. We thank You Lord again and again, in the powerful name of Your Son Jesus we pray, Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X