No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a father of 28 week premie twins.... you have my prayers sir. I hope you are one day looking back at these times, as I have 13 years later, amazed by medical technology.

Comment

Continued prayers for the little man and family.

Comment

Prayers continue for Emmett and family.

Comment

Praying for all of yall!

Comment

Prayers Continuing.

Comment

Continued prayers for all.

Comment

Y’all are in our thoughts, hearts, and prayers! Go Emmett!

Comment

Prayers for Emmett continued.

Comment

More prayers sent.

Comment

Continuing to pray for Emmett.

Comment

More prayers sent!

Comment

Day 24 update. Mentally, we are exhausted. Two difficult days in a row have been tough to handle. I don't like to kick an update off so negatively, but we can't help but feel deflated when things you've celebrated as accomplishments have now regressed.

Around 11am we had another severe apnea and bradycardia spell (A&B). Something about seeing a nurse place a bag on your baby's face and manually give him breaths because he's not breathing takes a piece of you every time. After that spell, it wasn't until shift change till things went down hill on us. At 7 Emmett had another A&B, which they were able to pull him out of with relative ease. At 7:45, yet another. This one was the worst to date, as Emmett just wasn't coming out of it. The decision was then made to reintubate him and place him back on the ventilator. The whole process was very difficult to watch. Thankfully they gave Emmett a mild sedation and pain reliever to help with inserting the tube. They are going to continue to withhold his milk feeds for now, and provide nutrition through his IV. We battled high CO2 for most of the day, and were finally gaining ground on it prior to 7pm. After his extended periods of A&B, his CO2 was extremely elevated. Thankfully, I had to go back and delete here as his latest gas report came back with a normal number before I hit post. Thank goodness.

Emmett's medical team did a good job of putting his issues in perspective. He did really well early out of the gates, and his little underdeveloped organs just couldn't keep up with the demand and became tired. We're hopeful that a short stint on the ventilator will allow him to build his strength, and maybe next time he'll be off for good.

If you find yourself in prayer tonight for Emmett, we have a favor to ask. Please include the poor family whose baby boy was called home today. I cant even imagine the grief they're feeling right now. It was a scary sight. It reminded us that even though things are a little rough here, we still have our baby boy. Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for you, your wife and of course Emmet. May God hold you all in his hands.

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Prayers continued for Emmett.

Comment

Working...
                                X