X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 22 update. It's hard to believe that its been three weeks now since we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy that we adore. It's been one crazy, emotional three week rollercoaster! Healthwise, today was another good day. His platelet counts slightly increased, so Emmett avoided another blood transfusion. The doctor ordered some glycerin suppositories for Emmett to hopefully help alleviate some of the gas issues he's having. Yesterday we thought his belly couldn't get any bigger. Today proved us wrong. Everyone keeps reassuring us that this is nothing to worry about. We just can't help it because it's so abnormal looking. Heart rate and O2 saturation stayed steady for much of the day. Little man had some good skin to skin time with mom, and he was loving it. You can watch Emmett's vitals fluctuate all day, and as soon as he gets on Krystal's chest they level out.

We had another visit from the cardiologist today, and it pretty much put a damper on the whole day. During the morning meeting, the cardiologist team decided to run a test to check for a certain disease that could be linked to the thickening of the left ventricle. It would be devastating news if it came back positive. The fact that they are even testing for this is scary, and caused Krystal and I to worry for much of the day. What makes it even more difficult is that we likely won't know the results for 2 weeks. That's an eternity for a couple of parents with nothing to do but worry about their little guy. We're praying that this is just a precautionary thing to make a quick rule out. If you're so inclined, please join us in praying that this left ventricle issue is something that will work itself out.

Emmett is waving to you all, saying thanks for the continued prayers and support! He said to tell you all he loves you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

Prayers continue for Emmett and you and your wife

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

Y'all will be in prayer requests at church today

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji120] praying for y’all

Comment

More prayers!

Comment

Lifting baby Emmet up in prayer... thoughts with mom and dad for strength and faith during this time.

Comment

Still joining in prayer for Emmett, Mom and Dad,his doctors, and caregivers. In Jesus name we pray. Amen

Comment

Let’s go Emmett! [emoji1434]

Comment

Continuing to pray!

Comment

More prayers for Emmett.

Comment

Continued prayers sent.

Comment

Day 23 update. Overall, today was a pretty trying day for us. There was some good news sprinkled in, and for that we're thankful. The morning started off with some changes to Emmett's respiratory help. His doctor decided it was time to address the gas in his tummy. They pulled the bubble CPAP and placed him back on the ventilator. Only difference is that they didn't intubate him this time, and connected the ventilator to his CPAP apparatus for his face. Additionally, they placed an electrode down his esophagus and near his diaphragm that detects his breaths. This allows for more controlled air from the ventilator and reduces the amount of excess air given that could escape down to his stomach. Not long after being on this new set up, we noticed his belly starting to reduce in size some. This was relief to these parents.

Emmett went through multiple apnea spells today, ranging from mild to severe. Although still plenty scary, we were a little more prepared this time. Multiple apnea spells can be linked to infection, so they begin checking for this. First on the list was of course a blood draw. As I've alluded to before, he's had his fair share of pricks already, so it's hard to watch another. It's especially hard to watch when it takes multiple attempts to get it. I finally had to walk of the room. We know it can be difficult on such a small baby. Once they were finally able to get blood, a urine sample was next. Having a catheter myself once, I know the discomfort associated with "inserting" that tube. For lack of better words, our little guy went through hell.

Before we left for the night, Emmett's results came back on his blood test. Everything looked normal, and his platelet counts are continuing to rise. So this was good news. The doctor decided to go ahead and start an antibiotic regiment to fight off this potential infection. They were unable to get a urine collection from him, so we'll have to wait for the results on this.

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. Thank you God for Emmett's amazing healthcare team. Thank you God for our Emmett.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X