No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colton, you and your bride just keep on leaning on Almighty God for strength. Your updates are sometimes hard to read, but the mere fact that you care enough to deliver them is an encouragement to we who are following along. Believe me, there's a bunch of TBH brothers and sisters who have never met you and do not know you that are standing by you guys in spirit and prayer. Thank you for the opportunity to join you in prayer. And as I have said so many times before I strongly believe that the more specific we can be with our prayer and petitions to the Lord, the more specific He will be in answering them.

Lord God in Heaven, we thank You for this sweet, sweet baby. We thank You for the work of Your mighty Hands. We ask You Lord, to strengthen Emmett, and restore his growth in strength, stature, wisdom and spirit. Just as you taught us how Your Son Jesus grew up in Luke, we ask you for a squared up growth pattern for Emmett.

Luk 2:52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Lord, right now Emmett needs Your help to achieve the stature he needs to be strong and wise in Your ways. You have given him a Spirit to fight, and You have given him a loving family that will provide favor as he grows... Give him the growth and stature he needs Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Continued prayers.

Philippians 4:8
          8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett

Comment

Prayers for this family!

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Keep fight little one! More prayers sent!

Comment

Day 19 update. A day that will forever be embedded in my memory as the scariest day of my life.

Our day began with good news. Emmett's numbers from his a.m. bloodwork were coming back to normal. They started him back on milk, but only at 3 ml because of the concern from yesterday and the green backflow. By mid morning, he was back to his 9 ml and digesting almost all of it. We found a sweet little note that Emmett wrote us informing us that he now weighed 2 lbs! His bowels picked back up again. Basically, things were looking much more upbeat to start the day.

We had a visit from the electrophysiologist that was overseeing Emmett. This was the first opportunity we had to met him and discuss plans for Emmett and the inevitable pacemaker that he will be receiving. We learned that as long as he is tolerating his heart rate, they will go as long as possible before placing a pacemaker in him, even if it means discharging him. This was surprising news to us. We also reaffirmed that he is too small for them to do anything right now should he begin to not tolerate the low heart rate, which is scary.

We had another visit from the cardiologist to discuss the echocardiogram done on Emmett's heart. We learned that the PDA doubled in size since reopening last Saturday. We were warned this could happen, but it didn't make it any easier to hear. On the other hand, there was news that trumped the PDA setback. The hypertrophy (thickening of the septum and outer wall) in his left ventricle regressed some, leading the cardiologist to believe that this may be something that will correct itself. Although not guaranteed, this was news we were praying hard to receive. As the cardiologist was wrapping up her discussion, I shifted my gaze to Emmett and his vitals monitor...

I noticed his heart rate and O2 saturation were a little low. The nurse who happened to be in the room also noticed, and was watching over him. All of a sudden his numbers started to plummet. The cardiologist was mid sentence as I immediately popped to my feet and jumped to the incubator. The nurse was lightly shaking Emmett. I look back at the monitor to see his HR and O2 drop into the 40s. Literally right before our eyes Emmett went from normal color to pale white in seconds. My heart sank, and with tear filled eyes I watched as the nurse pulled the oxygen mask from the wall and started giving Emmett oxygen. I feared the absolute worse was happening. Our nurse stayed calm, and as the cardiologist asked if he needed help, he responded with a "we're ok." I finally seen Emmett take a breath, and his numbers started ascending again. We fought to keep it together, and as the dust settled and the room cleared, Krystal and I held each other tight and had a moment. We thanked God that our little man was ok.

The nurse explained that what Emmett went through would be considered a severe case of Apnea and bradycardia. This happens in premature babies, and if you all recall from a previous post Emmett did have a short spell of apnea once before. He's going to send me to the grave early if I have to go through many more of those.

We've had so many people reach out to us or friends of ours telling us how and where they are praying for Emmett. It's been so comforting hearing of all the places spread around the world that people have prayed for our little guy. I've been told about multiple church sermons and Sunday school lessons that have been about Emmett and the power of prayer. Several folks have reached out saying Emmett has brought them closer to God. Our little man has made more of an impact in this world during his 3 weeks than his parents have in 64 combined years. You know what? We couldn't be more proud. Thank you all for every post, prayer, and thought. We're blessed to have you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've read all your posts and I have a hard time commenting. Stay strong, and I will keep praying for your lil man. My screen is blurry so I have to go now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

First time seeing this as I haven't been on the GS much lately. I'll make sure to show Emmett's picture to the kiddos tonight and have them start including him in their evening prayers. For some reason God really listens when my kiddos pray.

Comment

I was literally on the edge of my truck seat with tears, reading that last update! More payers up

Comment

Keep fighting Emmett! More prayers coming yall"s way. Thanks for all the update's.

Comment

Prayers for little Emmett! We received a miracle from God in 1991 at Children's Medical Center in Dallas for our premature daughter, and we are praying that Emmett receives a similar blessing. Prayer does work!

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett.

Comment

Working...
                                X