• Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless your family.

Little fella is tough!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

God bless all of you, and the doctors and nurses.

Comment

Glad to hear good news. Still praying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The look on you and your wife's face is priceless!

Prayers are up again.

Comment

Prayers that God's healing powers do their incredible work. God bless you and your family.

Comment

continuing prayers.

Comment

Been away for a few days so just now catching up on this thread... Man, am I glad I did! Colton, thank you so much for taking the time to give us such detailed and well done updates!! My heart is all swole up after reading these last few updates and seeing the pics of Mister Emmett, you and your beautiful bride! Going to try my best to keep up!

Lord we praise You for the work You are doing in little Emmett. Thank you God for this miracle we are all getting to follow along with through Colton's reports! Lord we lift up Emmett to you for healing to continue. We ask you Lord, take away the fluid that may be in his lungs and give him that bowel movement he needs to continue to grow and be nourished by his mom's miracle food, mother's milk. Give him what he needs to thrive. What a powerful witness Lord this is for You and we thank You for it. Keep mom and dad strong and provide the bounty to fill their needs as well. Give them rest and show them that they can truly rest in Your mighty hands as they watch their son grow in strength every day. Lord we lift this family up to You and we Praise You with all the Honor and Glory because You are God, our God and provider of our Salvation through Your Son Jesus Christ in whose name we ask and pray, Amen.

Comment

I got a day behind again. Thank you all for the continued prayers!

Day 11 update. Well, another day of mixed emotions. We didn't get the dirty diaper that we so desperately wanted. However, the doctor explained the situation more thoroughly and calmed our concerns some. Typically, it would be ideal to see a bowel movement within 48 hours. They are feeding Emmett such a small amount of milk that it could actually take a little longer to see that dirty diaper. So we'll anxiously wait for poop and continue our prayers. The good thing is that his belly is not bloated or firm to the touch, so there is no great concern for infection at the moment. Bilirubin numbers reared its ugly head yet again, so its back on with this cursed light. We know it's not a big deal, but we like scratching things off the list, not adding them.

They did another echo on Emmett today and determined that the dose of tylenol reduced his PDA significantly from large to medium/small! This is such great news. The doctor is going to try one more 3 day dose to see just how much more it will close. Closing that PDA would be a beautiful milestone to celebrate. The cardiologist visited us today to discuss how Emmett is doing. He basically reiterated what was prior conveyed to us; we need Emmett to say strong and continue to grow. Surgery for a pacemaker is a big deal on a small baby, but a small deal for a big baby. Keep growing little buddy! The cardiologist also mentioned that he was very impressed with how well Emmett is doing. Music to our ears! Mom was able to get some more skin to skin today. Although it was cut a little short due to a minor ventilator issue, the healing had been done. Krystal continues to look as beautiful as ever holding that little baby.

Something extra special happened this evening that brought a smile to Krystal and I that could have been seen for miles. The Catholic church in our community of Rockne held a mass this evening specifically for little Emmett. Although we couldn't be there physically, we were there spiritually. It's so comforting seeing Emmett's prayer warriors coming together in unity to pray for him. We're so very blessed.

Thank you all once again for everything. We're very fortunate to have you all, but most importantly, to have each other. Krystal and I are finding ourselves growing even stronger in our love for each other, as well as in our faith. The donations continue to pour in for Emmett, and it's truly remarkable. I think Emmett's determination and fight has captured a piece of everyone's heart.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 12 update. Today was a Crappy day. It straight up Stunk. I mean, it really was the Filthiest of days... You guessed it, we had a BM! Scratch that, we had 2 BMs!! So dad finally mustered up the courage to change a diaper today. It's not that it bothers me, it's that I'm so scared of hurting the little guy with my big ol fingers. As I peeled that little micro diaper back, there was the little surprise that we had been praying for. Lucky for me, Krystal got the next diaper where things really got western. I think it's safe to say his bowels are working just fine. There is always still a chance for infection, but getting this first #2 behind us is a milestone. With that done, I can firmly scratch that off the list of things to look forward to. Emmett's oxygen saturation and respiration are trending upward again. The doctor brought up removing his breathing tube for a cpap again if his numbers are able to maintain. We certainly look forward to this, as that tube and the tape associated with holding it in place looks so uncomfortable. Bilirubin numbers dropped once again, but not enough to take him off of phototherapy. Hopefully tomorrow though.

There is another thing that Krystal and I are anxiously awaiting. This one is not so much a medical concern as it is a warm the heart need. We were told that any day his eyes could open, and this afternoon we could see a slight crack between his eye lids! We seriously cannot wait to look into our little man's eyes.

As typical, we always have that one thing that pops up to cause us concern. As mentioned in previous updates, Emmett's heart rate and blood pressure was doing so good that they took him off of dopamine and scaled his hydrocortisone back. Today we started to see a slight dip in his HR. He's been hanging out just above his bottom line, and actually as I write this he's slowly creeping back to a better mean. Should doctors have to intervene again with dopamine, it could jeopardize his continuing of milk feeds. We just got a sigh of relief from his digestive tract; it would be disappointing if they had to stop his milk.

I've had many people reach out and comment on how much they look forward to these updates. If they can continue to rally Emmett's prayer warriors and keep him in your thoughts, they're worth every minute spent typing. I pull up a chair beside Emmett every night and let the words come to me. When you're passionate about something, it's easy to write about. And by God, I'm passionate about my little guy.

Thank you all again for everything you do. We couldn't do it without you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett and your family

Comment

Continued prayers

Comment

Just now seeing this. Please Lord Jesus keep this little one strong and let his life be for your power, glory, and amazing grace. Keep his parents and doctors wise and in hope. We humbly bow before you to ask these things.

Comment

Add another prayer warrior to the list! My wife is 26 weeks, I cannot imagine having to deliver our little girl two weeks ago. Your updates sound great, we are praying for continued positive reports and a healthy Emmett!

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett

Comment

Working...
                                X