Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing prayers.

It’s nothing compared to this situation but our little girl had a heart murmur. It was a little nerve racking but after seeing the cardiologist they told us we will just monitor it. She ended up growing out of it by her 2nd birthday.

Comment

Prayers sent...Those NICU folks are truly amazing.

Comment

Continued prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Day 4 update. The rollercoaster ride continued today. The day started full of concern about the brain ultrasound results. After what seemed to be an eternity, the doctor finally entered the room and gave us the news we all were praying for, his brain scan was clear of any bleeds! We're still not out of the woods yet, but passing this test was crucial and his odds of developing a bleed is greatly reduced. This was beautiful news, but it was followed with a bit of negative. The Dr. heard a slight murmur in his heart. He did inform us that these issues do arise in premature babies, and that many times they correct themselves. Additionally, our guy had increased levels of lactic acid in his blood work. This could be an indication that his blood flow is not fully carrying to all extremities. Although his number was double what it should be, it did come back down slightly. We will be praying that it comes back down to normal range. Other than that, the rest of little Emmett's numbers are maintaining. They have scaled back his dopamine, and so far his heart rate and blood pressure are maintaining.

We met with the cardiologist from Dell Children's today. We had a good conversation, although she did shed some light on more potential obstacles Emmett may face. Ultimately, we decided that it would be best to get him to Dell Children's where his cardiologist would be onsite. Mr. Emmett may be taking his first helicopter ride tomorrow. We need our guy to stay healthy and continue to grow. At 2lbs 2oz, the doctors can give Emmett a temporary pacemaker should the need arise. He's at 1lb 10oz now.

There is something else I want everyone to know. I have the most amazing, caring, perfect wife. Her love and concern for Emmett is at times overwhelming for her. She's the strongest woman I know, and seeing her so distraught is tough. Do me a favor and say an extra prayer for her, that our Lord will instill his strength and comfort in her.

Since our last post, we learned that Emmett's prayer warriors can no longer be confined to the US. His support has crossed seas, and prayers are now being said for him in Belgium. This is truly remarkable. We can't thank everyone enough for keeping our little man in your thoughts and prayers. We ask that you please keep them coming, as he's going to need them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Big prayers for Emmett, your wife, you and the medical team!!

You need anything just holler

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Daily prayers for little Emmett on the way up!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett and all involved.

Comment

prayers sent brother!

Comment

Prayers!

Comment

Day 5 update. Buckle up everyone, God has Emmett on the highway to recovery! Today was filled with so much anxiety, but the news was all good! Our day started as usual. Krystal and I are at his bedside at 2 a.m. for his check up, which went great. We're back at 5 a.m. for another check up, and again he's doing just great. Lastly, we're there at 8:15 a.m. for rounds to hear the doctor brief incoming staff on his condition. They were able to scale back his oxygen to 21%, which is normal air we breath. He was tolerating that perfectly! This puts us 1 step closer to getting him off the ventilator and breathing on his own. This would be a huge milestone for Emmett. His lactic acid levels continue to work their way down; also very encouraging. Lastly, his bilirubin numbers (jaundice) were also in range, so they were able to take the light off of him! So much good information.

At 11 a.m., we received the call that they were getting ready to move Emmett to Dell Children's hospital. We quickly packed our bags and headed over to watch them transfer him to his transport incubator. Scary process, but he stayed strong through it all. Second time our poor guy got evicted from his home. Ambulance staff got him loaded up, and Krystal was able to ride with him. I on the other hand played the roll of the Bandit, running blocker and making sure nobody got too close to my precious cargo! We arrived with no issues, and they got him unloaded and moved to his new room. We were able to meet his nurses and DRs, all of whom seemed great. We were so blessed and relieved that his move went well.

Another blessing came in the form of the Ronald McDonald house, where we were able to secure a place to stay for 10 days. It is right next door to Emmett's home, so we can check on him as much as we want. This is such an awesome place, and ran completely by volunteers. There are so many good people out there we have to be thankful for.

There is one thing I will call upon our prayer warriors to help us out on. The ups and downs are real, and as I was finishing up typing this we learned that the new picc line they were putting in Emmett was unsuccessful. This is tough on us, as the procedure carries risk and is hard on our guy. They are going to try again tomorrow, so ya'll know what to do. We are ready for them to leave him be and let him grow.

As always, thank you all for the continued prayers and support. We have so many people eager to help us out anyway they can. You all are absolutely amazing, and we couldn't do it without you!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent

Comment

Prayers up this morning

Comment

Working...
                                X