Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    Day 4 update. The rollercoaster ride continued today. The day started full of concern about the brain ultrasound results. After what seemed to be an eternity, the doctor finally entered the room and gave us the news we all were praying for, his brain scan was clear of any bleeds! We're still not out of the woods yet, but passing this test was crucial and his odds of developing a bleed is greatly reduced. This was beautiful news, but it was followed with a bit of negative. The Dr. heard a slight murmur in his heart. He did inform us that these issues do arise in premature babies, and that many times they correct themselves. Additionally, our guy had increased levels of lactic acid in his blood work. This could be an indication that his blood flow is not fully carrying to all extremities. Although his number was double what it should be, it did come back down slightly. We will be praying that it comes back down to normal range. Other than that, the rest of little Emmett's numbers are maintaining. They have scaled back his dopamine, and so far his heart rate and blood pressure are maintaining.

We met with the cardiologist from Dell Children's today. We had a good conversation, although she did shed some light on more potential obstacles Emmett may face. Ultimately, we decided that it would be best to get him to Dell Children's where his cardiologist would be onsite. Mr. Emmett may be taking his first helicopter ride tomorrow. We need our guy to stay healthy and continue to grow. At 2lbs 2oz, the doctors can give Emmett a temporary pacemaker should the need arise. He's at 1lb 10oz now.

There is something else I want everyone to know. I have the most amazing, caring, perfect wife. Her love and concern for Emmett is at times overwhelming for her. She's the strongest woman I know, and seeing her so distraught is tough. Do me a favor and say an extra prayer for her, that our Lord will instill his strength and comfort in her.

Since our last post, we learned that Emmett's prayer warriors can no longer be confined to the US. His support has crossed seas, and prayers are now being said for him in Belgium. This is truly remarkable. We can't thank everyone enough for keeping our little man in your thoughts and prayers. We ask that you please keep them coming, as he's going to need them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Continued prayers for you Emmett and Krystal. One of Our twins I mentioned in an earlier response had a slight bleed and the same murmur. Both of which corrected themselves within a few days. To touch on Dell’s their pediatric cardiologist (if it’s the same, Dr Wright) is incredible. Our oldest was born with a heart defect and she’s amazing. She even came to his 1st birthday party. We are going to keep praying hard. God bless you all.
    Last edited by JLivi1224; 08-14-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

More prayers on the way

Comment

prayers for both the little one and the parents for strength, both physical and emotional

Comment

Just now seeing this. My family will be praying for you and yours! When my son was born 5 years ago almost to the day I started a thread about like this one. He was very sick with a genetic disorder and we were told he wouldn't live anything close to a normal life. Many folks here prayed for him. Today you'd never know anything is/was wrong with him! Praying the same for your son!

Comment

Prayers sent!!!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Praying for Emmett, and family

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

Prayers lifted for Emmett, his momma, and his family.

Comment

Keep fighting Emmett! Dear God we continue to ask for supernatural guidance, healing, protection, and strength for Emmett, his family, and his caretakers. Thank you God for his progress so far. All this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Keeping y'all in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated

Comment

Praying for your family.

God Bless,
                          JR

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Our prayers will continue for our family.

Comment

Praise God! What an incredible miracle unfolding right before our very eyes as we follow along! Thank you sir for taking the time to keep us in the loop and updated! I am convinced that this sweet, sweet baby will grow into a strong young man and be a warrior for the God that created him!

The uplifting testimonies of all those other little ones that our Lord has brought through similar beginnings is incredible to read about. Though little Emmett's situation puts a gut punch knot in my stomach, these praises of successful births and growth into healthy kids, sure gives me hope, and I imagine they are uplifting to you and Krystal. This GS family is incredible to me!

Lord God, hear our prayer. Just as our brother Colton has asked, we lift up Krystal to You for strength that passes all understanding. Give her supernatural abilities to stand by Emmett and minister to him. Lord please comfort both little Emmett's parents. They are powerful witnesses of Yours. Continue to strengthen them both and make them visible examples of Your work Lord. Lord we ask You to continue Your work in healing and growing little Emmett into a healthy young boy and ultimately a strong young man. In Jesus name we ask and pray, Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X