No announcement yet.

Bay boat shopping rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s insane what a decent bit costs. I’ll Lee my 15 year old Shallow Sport and re-power and rebuild it when the time comes.

Comment

What Mexico said. 361fishing, 361fishing buy sell trade, 210fishing, and marketplace are fairly decent for boats. Some good ones posted in the last week or so

Comment

Used boat prices are exactly how I ended up buying a brand new boat.
        I got new with full warranties for $4-5k what I could find a 2-3 year old boat. I shopped for 3 months.

Comment

Bay boat shopping rant

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          I thought this was going to be about a 9month wait for a new boat. We all know they are not cheap. Prices now most people could take a guided trip and save money for the number of times they actually go out.

I haven’t priced a guided trip in a while but you are probably right.

Just think In another 10 years you can buy a F-250 and a ranger bass boat for 200k.

Heck you could probably spend that now. I pulled up to the gym the other day and noticed a new f-250 and I immediately New who bought it. I went inside and saw the guy and said nice truck bet that thing was 85k! He said no it was 94k but I talked them down to 84k[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Black Ice; 08-08-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Bay boat shopping rant

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
            Used boat prices are exactly how I ended up buying a brand new boat.
            I got new with full warranties for $4-5k what I could find a 2-3 year old boat. I shopped for 3 months.

Just like the used truck market. They want new prices for a truck with 50k Miles.

Boats are crazy priced. I’ll upgrade in a year or 2 mainly cause mine isn’t big enough for the family but the price of boats new and used is crazy. Actually it’s not the boat that’s expensive, it’s the freaking outboard on the back where the money is.

Comment

I paid 30 for my boat in 02 and it's still worth 20 to 25. The problem is that a new one to replace it and to me is not made as well is 80. I'll just repower

Comment

We catch more fish out of my buddy’s $3500 beater that he put together than most folks catch out of their fancy new boats. I’ll never understand the amount of money people will spend on a boat. That being said, you could spend $15-20k on a really nice used boat that will look almost as good as a new one, and save yourself $50k.

Comment

Agreed.
                  I miss my trusted solid heavy Bayhawk.....

Comment

There are plenty of good deals out there, you just have to look. I wouldn't rely on going to boat dealerships to look at boats and expect to get a real good deal on a used boat. I have a good friend who bought a 22' Blazer Bay that was probably 5-7 years old in almost new condition a couple years ago. The boat was down at Sonny's Marine in POC, apparently an old man had bought it and just wanted it gone. I think my buddy gave him $15k for it, ran it a couple years, and sold it for like $17k. Great boat, my buddy just can't sit still and constantly buys/sells his toys. I've seen plenty of good deals on 2cool, etc... Heck, that 22' Triton that was in the classifieds was a good deal from the looks of it.

I agree though, plenty of people spending crazy money on boats and trucks. Its nothing to see $150-200k in fancy diesel truck and bay boat tooling around whatever little coastal town you choose. As someone mentioned above, outboard motors are CRAZY expensive these days. I mean, $40k to repower a twin outboard offshore boat? That's crazy.

Comment

That's because you can finance things for 7+ years now. People don't care what it costs, only that they can afford the monthly payment. Dealers of any kind realize they can increase the price a bunch and just add a year to the financing. That's why you see superduty's in office parking lots that have never hauled more than a kids bike.
                      Last edited by WItoTX; 08-09-2018, 05:43 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        We catch more fish out of my buddy’s $3500 beater that he put together than most folks catch out of their fancy new boats. I’ll never understand the amount of money people will spend on a boat. That being said, you could spend $15-20k on a really nice used boat that will look almost as good as a new one, and save yourself $50k.
                        Yup exactly what I did. Took a while but found a solid used boat, didn't get it free thats for dang sure but saved 40k aff a new one just like it .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

You can get a stripped down boat for alot less, but finding one at a dealer is like finding a stripped down truck. Everyone knows you gotta have a $50k+ rig with all the gizmos so you can burn the shoreline thumping your music. Keep looking and eventually you'll find something.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            That's because you can finance things for 7+ years now. People don't care what it costs, only that they can afford the monthly payment. Dealers of any kind realize they can increase the price a bunch and just add a year to the financing. That's why you see superduty's in office parking lots that have never hauled more than a kids bike.
                            Winner winner. That’s spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I am curious what loans they’re offering in boats. I was shocked that they offer 144 month loans for travel trailers. Add three years to that and you have a mortgage on a house.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                                I am curious what loans they’re offering in boats. I was shocked that they offer 144 month loans for travel trailers. Add three years to that and you have a mortgage on a house.

Salesman said their lender goes out to 20 years depending on size of the note. He also said the best rate he has seen is 5.99%, not sure how true that is but that’s crazy. I’ve gotten a 0% interest rate on my last 2 vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X