Bay boat shopping rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
    Wasn't real nice pointing at my boat snickering either. I guess neither of us are real nice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I do the same thing when people ask about spots. But I will also help people, just depends on how you approach me.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I do the same thing when people ask about spots. But I will also help people, just depends on how you approach me.
      I sent two other guys 10 mins later to the same spot I caught. I'm with you on the "depends on how you approach"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

I just tell people "I could tell you, but I'll have to kill you." We all laugh and that's it. Not a fan of sending them on a goose chase but if they're being an *** that's on the table.

Comment

It’s only money. You get more every 2 weeks. Buy the SCB.

Just kidding. I agree. I’ve been shopping pretty heavily and can’t seem to find what I want under $80k.

Let me know when you find one, Stickman. I’ll hire you for a trip to help you pay for it!

Comment

You have to pay to play!

Comment

it took me forever to sell my Explorer on this site. I ended up giving it awaygood people bought it though

Comment

Bay boat shopping rant

I paid $10.5k for mine, 2000 Tran Classic with a 150hp Johnson that starts like it's a 4-stroke. It does everything I need it to do. I'll rebuild and repowered when I need to and be half the price of a new one. I shopped hard this year for a new boat and decided I just couldn't justify it. I fish 1-2 times a week so it gets used often.

Comment

well yall stay tuned. I'm about to sell my 25 xtreme. it's a 2011. the only year they made it without a cap. 250 SHO, 8' blade, 80lb ipilot, lowrance HDSS touch with all my secret spots, O2 system... for under 30K

Comment

I was in the same boat, pun t=intended, in 2015. I work in sales and have some free time during the day. It became like a job to find a deal, I had to look 5 months but I finally found what I was seeking. I was looking at 6am, 10am, 3pm and 9pm each day online in several forums for new listings. It was like I was a professional boat seeking buyer. Every one that I found, I was a bit late, like an hour or two, and I was finding them quick. Keep in mind that I was looking from Corpus to Tampa every day, covering most of the Gulf Coast in my searches. I finally found a Triton Tx21 in Cleveland that was posted at noon. Contacted the guy and said I was coming, be there when he got off at 4:30. I made it there and he said 3 guys had already come and viewed it, one needed to get wife clearance and the other 2 guys had tape measures and it would not fit in their garage. I gave him a deposit and went back a few days later with a check to pick it up. It was a job to find a boat at a decent price.

The tool I used was Search Tempest and it did great, I pretty much ignored the Ebay listings and concentrated on the Craigslist postings. It made the search much easier as I could just use keywords and areas.

The other thing I found pretty crazy was the amount of cash buyers out there, and the amounts they are paying out of pocket. There are a lot of them. I had a buddy demo his boat a couple of weeks ago, big Ranger, hard loaded, $68K price, cash in hand sold it at the ramp. I have seen several in the $40-50K range cash deals. I guess they have lots of disposable income, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X