No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so did we get the new 2019 thread started or what....

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
      No acorns on our place, but plenty of broomweed. The ranch hand on our place told me he saw the biggest buck he's ever seen on our part of the ranch. Ready for the season!
      Same here in Wise County. Never had broom weed like this. Anyone know why now?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
        Dave was trying to sell it out on us lol .

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
          It's for sell on Pg. 3 of the Classifieds Forum now. Hopefully Mods will find it and move it to ATC.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I'm not sure but I think broom weed comes out every other year and rainfall plays a part as well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry Boyz I'm an idiot!

Comment

Any N Texas TBHr's looking for a first class dove/hog w lodging.We hunt this Sunday Monday.I have room for 2-3 hunters @ Ranger Creek Ranch.Pm me for details.
                Last edited by crowmagnum; 08-28-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Has your land been over grazed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

The broomweed usually shows up in over grazed areas the worst. Usually it’s when the spring is pretty wet, then it gets really dry. It seems when the spring rains stop early then and it goes right to dry, is when its worst. Ours is not as bad as 3 years ago, but we have some. Deer HATE walking through it.

I’ve had good luck mowing in front of blinds and cutting trails where you want them to walk.

It will die when it cools off, but it will stand forever if you don’t knock it down. It seems to coincide with the big acorn crops. These years I head for the deep creek timber.

Comment

Alertttttt... New thread started in atcf!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Alertttttt... New thread started in atcf!

I tried to post on it yesterday and it would work. Will try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          The broomweed usually shows up in over grazed areas the worst. Usually it’s when the spring is pretty wet, then it gets really dry. It seems when the spring rains stop early then and it goes right to dry, is when its worst. Ours is not as bad as 3 years ago, but we have some. Deer HATE walking through it.

I’ve had good luck mowing in front of blinds and cutting trails where you want them to walk.

It will die when it cools off, but it will stand forever if you don’t knock it down. It seems to coincide with the big acorn crops. These years I head for the deep creek timber.

I knew it was a sign of over grazing. It hasn’t been grazed more than any other year. It must have been all the rain in the spring. As far as acorns go, I honestly haven’t looked.

Comment

Working...
                          X