X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!

Comment

Nice work!

I’ll be out all day tomorrow for my last hunt of the year. Hoping to fill at least 1 of my tags

Comment

I knew we had some storms roll through but didn’t realize how bad the winds were. Luckily the anchors kept my rifle stand from going off the bluff. Had to come up here because my bow blind is wrecked and couldn’t fix it in the dark.

Quiet so far this morning but my neighbors shot about 15min before legal so must have been something good

Comment

I didn't make it out this week. The kids shot 2 culls. Talked with one of the crew and he said this morning he saw 13 deer, 5 bucks on the front field and saw 22, 18 bucks in the back on the 29 acre field tonight. 2, 140-45 kinda deer. We are still shocked at how few doe we are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            This pig just showed up for the first time on game camera. Jeez.

He's down. Nice way to end the year. Will post about the hunt later. It's been a long day.

Dave - i agree about the does. weird.
            Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations! Nice buck.

Comment

Congrats Mike! Good close to the season there.

Comment

I guess I am going to go for the second time this year right after New Years, just been a crazy year out there and have had tooooooo many projects going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    I guess I am going to go for the second time this year right after New Years, just been a crazy year out there and have had tooooooo many projects going on.
                    Skip saw 2 good ones this morning sitting on Potatoe Hill. Said 155-60 ish.
                    They were moving NE towards yall. Our oats are up so this last week could be interesting.
                    Lots of rain. Your 4 mile drive way might be problems
                    Come on by

Comment

my neighbor up there said we got .25 lastnite with winter mix comin Wed.. It's not going to dry out anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        Skip saw 2 good ones this morning sitting on Potatoe Hill. Said 155-60 ish.
                        They were moving NE towards yall. Our oats are up so this last week could be interesting.
                        Lots of rain. Your 4 mile drive way might be problems
                        Come on by
                        Yes I heard there was a little shooting going on out there, not looking forward to that trip in, going to be bad, I have nothing better to do because of this weather so I be heading out in the morning for a couple days, then headed back to Mexico next week for a few days, then hopefully life will be back to normal for a few months, good luck Dave.

Comment

Well the season ended for me with no shots fired with bow nor gun at a deer. Several hogs got cases of Easton fever and lead poisoning during the year. It was still a ton of fun. This final weekend restored my confidence in our place with sightings of 20-30, 3 and 4 yr old 10's that will be quality deer in a year or two. We ran out of season and never had the week or two of consistantly really cold weather to get the big boys stirred up.

I did find a shooter for my grandson during youth season in the next coupla weeks.

Keep adding to the thread with youth hunts and quail bird adventures.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Abcdj; 01-06-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

We had another old buck hit the dirt last week across the red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We finally started getting some of the old fellas back on camera in Baylor and Knox county the last couple of weeks. Some really big boys on the wheat fields, but winter browse is still thick with all the moisture this year. Not to mention how many bucks we are seeing on camera at 10pm or later. Just one of those years they didnt have to move to far from bedding to eat. Some of our MLD properties will keep plugging away. Ill raise the glass to 2018 and heres hoping 2019 brings you all success.

Comment

Any of y’all put out gravity feeders for corn? The thread on gravity feeders had me thinking about buying a feeder that would hold 50-75lbs plus some old PVC feeders I made for ETX piney woods.

Thought about putting them in an area away from my spinner as my spot is hog infested and I believe it’s due to the wheat field the cattle guys plant. Combined they should all hold 125-150 lbs of corn each.

Is this idea even worth my time? Just trying to get another place where I shouldn’t have problems with hogs devouring my corn 24/7.

Before anyone suggests, I’m probably not putting up hog panels around the spinner feeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X