No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm headed up to the Knox / Foard county line tomorrow to hunt through Sunday.

Anyone been hunting this neck of the woods that can report on the rut activity?

I've had this trip planned for awhile but it appears that mother nature isn't going to cooperate. A full moon and daily temps in the upper 70's is less than ideal

Comment

CJ776-

That is one solid buck you got. Congratulations on a great trophy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        CJ776-

That is one solid buck you got. Congratulations on a great trophy!!

Wish it was mine, but it’s my uncles who taught me everything I know about hunting so it’s almost as good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep it in the family anyway:-) . Congrats to your uncle! Hope it keeps the lead in the contest.

Comment

Great buck congratulations to you and your uncle

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
              I'm headed up to the Knox / Foard county line tomorrow to hunt through Sunday.

Anyone been hunting this neck of the woods that can report on the rut activity?

I've had this trip planned for awhile but it appears that mother nature isn't going to cooperate. A full moon and daily temps in the upper 70's is less than ideal
              We own a place over in Foard County, I have not been this year but my partner has, he has not seen a mature buck all season, we are almost in Wilbarger County.

Comment

I saw 2 nice bucks out in the middle of the day on Sunday up around Walnut Bend in Cooke county while heading home from a camping trip.

Comment

Anyone have quail? I flushed one covey of 5 and saw about 15 at a far back feeder. Not like last couple of years for sure. [emoji3525]

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                    Anyone have quail? I flushed one covey of 5 and saw about 15 at a far back feeder. Not like last couple of years for sure. [emoji3525]

We still have an abundance of quail on our place in Archer, they seem to be thriving the last five years or so.

Comment

Not seeing any in Shackelford county.

Comment

The population is definitely lower across the red still seeing some but not like it was a couple of years ago !

Comment

Ours is 1/2 of what its been the last two years.

Comment

Thanks for the responses y’all. Certainly been spoiled the last couple of years.

If you have decent numbers and have a quail spot open I’d love to chat. I don’t think our main place’s numbers will justify the cost this year

Comment

I created a thread about the Tuesday morning I had. But to make a long story short, my Polaris is toast. Walked back up to stand and shot a decent buck. No bruiser by any means but he’ll eat. I did think the buck was going to be a little bigger based on the game camera pictures I had though.

Comment

Dang Ryan that's a bummer! Shouldn't be hot rodding your 4 wheeler to the stand. Nice buck, congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X