Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wrecker driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    The real question is....does Mayhem ever follow him on some repo calls? [emoji848]

I don’t, but he try’s to steer clear of any mayhem. It usually happens in a not so good part of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of customers owns 3 repo places now they have little cars driving around with readers on them looking for cars . He pays his guys well and they are on the go non stop ,

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        I don’t, but he try’s to steer clear of any mayhem. It usually happens in a not so good part of town.

That’s good...and Erin and TBH are glad to hear you don’t partake!

Comment

Originally posted by dcbrown View Post
          I worked towing in Oregon, Alaska and Texas, with several good sized companies. You can not run hard enough to make $70k a year. Maybe 1/2 that amount, or maybe even 2/3 in a really good year. YMMV Ohh, and I was driving the heavies a good portion of the time, that's where the money is really at.
          Sorry but i have to disagree. Knowing the owners and already have a cousin working for them that is clearing that much. Heck just 2 months ago he cleared $8k in one month.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep busy life. Like a truck driver. You’re not making money unless your butts in that seat. In this case. Throwing chains or straps. Lol. But there is money to be made and if you do it right a lot of it.

And if you get your hazmat clean up license it’s crazy money then.

Comment

My son drives here in the DFW area. I'm constantly worrying about his health and safety. He does not get enough sleep and doesn't get to eat worth a crap. When you see the police officers and other folks getting hit on the side of the road, you wonder when is it going to be his turn. He has already been grazed by a truck mirror.

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
              I would think for a single person it would be great. Family not so much. Hours are pretty crazy. Can be dangerous, but there is a lot of money to be made if you run all the time. I was never in the business, but worked in law enforcement we were calling them 10-15 times a day in a very small town. $250 or more a pop, and don't get me started on the big wrecker bill. Had an overturned 18 wheeler once. They bill by the pound. The bill was over 25K.
              The driver just gets a percentage. I wish my son made that much per call.
              Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
              I won't be on any repos. The company just does the city/ county rotation, roadside, AAA etc. Seems like good money opportunity. From what they showed me, I'd be looking to clear $70k a year now and more as they grow. They're fixing to take over a couple new territories, meaning more $$$$

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              These are the types of calls my son works. He doesn't made anywhere near that kind of money.
              Originally posted by CEO View Post
              My FIL was a wrecker driver for many years. It seemed like a very hard way to make a small amount of money. He always worked for small, private companies that were fighting every other company for work though. If you are driving for a good sized company with contracts I'm sure it's a better situation.
              That's the problem in the DFW area. There are more towing companies than you can shake a stick at.
              Originally posted by dcbrown View Post
              I worked towing in Oregon, Alaska and Texas, with several good sized companies. You can not run hard enough to make $70k a year. Maybe 1/2 that amount, or maybe even 2/3 in a really good year. YMMV Ohh, and I was driving the heavies a good portion of the time, that's where the money is really at.
              This is about par for my son.

Comment

My son wants to know where this company is. He might make a move if he can knock down $70k a year. He's driven for 5 companies here in DFW and at none of them did anyone make this kind of coin.

Comment

It's about 3.5 hours south of DFW

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X