No announcement yet.

And the hits keep on rolling .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that 3/4 ton is worse than you think looking at how the doors are buckled.

Glad you’re doing good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Fast cars and kids are not a good mix. Glad both you and the kid are ok.

Had a 20 year pull up to the patio of a bar I was hanging out at because his best friend was there who was 21 and we went to the parking lot to check out his ride. His best friend is my neighbors son and we went and checked out his car. I told him it was nice and to be careful with a tuned Camero. The next night I was on the same patio and he was racing a mustang and died at the intersection 300 yards from that patio.

Man, what a horrible story...lots of HP & torque needs to be respected & can get ugly in an instant for those that don't.

I too wonder how bad the Camaro took the impact from such a large truck...I wouldn't be surprised they total the truck as well. I'm not sure of the mfg of the 3/4 ton frame, but it doesn't take much on the uni-body of the new Camaro to get trashed.

Good to hear both walked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
        That energy did go somewhere, into the other person's Camaro.... When you are doing 55-60 mph and you hit a vehicle going 5-10mph, you give them all of your energy, not the other way around.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

That truck’s frame still took some of the impact force as well.

Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PSA for umbrella insurance coverage.

Talk to your auto insurance guy about adding Umbrella Coverage. This is pure insurance that will protect your assets from a wreck and the ambulance chasing attorney.

If you are interested, you must increase your limits of liability to the maximum level. Which doesn't change your premium much(if your insurance guy doesn't know this, run.
          It's very important). Then you add the UC on top. I have $1M for me and my wife through USAA and it's around $400/year. Worth every penny!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I think that 3/4 ton is worse than you think looking at how the doors are buckled.

Glad you’re doing good.

Lol. check out that bow in the step up rail? Ya think the frames bent ? 😉

Comment

Just talked to Keith, he's on his way to work, sore with a mild headache still, otherwise a-ok and in good spirts. Said the Camaro was doing 70mph+.

Comment

That energy did go somewhere, into the other person's Camaro.... When you are doing 55-60 mph and you hit a vehicle going 5-10mph, you give them all of your energy, not the other way around.

LOL. I actually laughed out loud. I really did. I assume you were trying to be funny.

Go drive 55 mph into a 3200 pound rock and tell me how that turns out for you. If you theory holds up you will have 3200 pounds of gravel and your truck will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Glad you’re doing good.

Doors are buckled from hitting the utility pole .

Comment

The car I hit was hauling *** . Doing at least 60 to 70 . All my witness said he was flying . I didn’t see him until I he was in the intersection. I had a truck in front of me and one behind me that seen it all . Not sure how the truck behind me didn’t hit me or the Camaro. He smooth blew the light and admitted to it .

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      Lol. check out that bow in the step up rail? Ya think the frames bent ? [emoji6]

That’s from the light pole .

Comment

Darn!!! 2018 will go down in the record books for you guys. Hate this for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                          Glad you’re okay.

Finally.....someone spelled it "you're"....sorry...it's a problem I have. Yes I'm thankful you and the other driver are ok.

Comment

Oh man! Glad to see you’re alright.

Looks like that may be the end of the silver bullet. Don’t buy a 17-18 model if you’re gonna be back in the market.

Comment

Please keep us posted if insurance totals your truck. Hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Man, what a horrible story...lots of HP & torque needs to be respected & can get ugly in an instant for those that don't.

I too wonder how bad the Camaro took the impact from such a large truck...I wouldn't be surprised they total the truck as well. I'm not sure of the mfg of the 3/4 ton frame, but it doesn't take much on the uni-body of the new Camaro to get trashed.

Good to hear both walked away.
                                Not meaning to hijack. I witnessed a high speed car chase at night. Late model Camaro had been stolen and was being pursued by multiple LE agencies. Car hit the curb with left wheels on median causing it to turn sharp to the right. Slammed right into concrete bridge. Both individuals walked away. One was limping bad as he tried to escape and fling the pistol into a dry creek bed. I was amazed how a car could take such a hard impact and anyone survive such a crash. There were parts strewn all about.

Comment

Working...
                                X