No announcement yet.

2018 Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never signed up but have interest - when Is like sign up? Are they at different times or all at once ?

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      Never signed up but have interest - when Is like sign up? Are they at different times or all at once ?
      You can apply for all hunts now, except for the ones that have already drawn. All the hunts have a deadline date (to enter), with the next draw coming Aug 15.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        I hunted Richland GDE twice. In 2004 it began on Wed and ended on Sunday. In 2010 it started on Thurs and ended on Mon.
        That's what I'm talking about, the start dates. All the ones I've been on and applied for starts during the week.
        I don't remember the year I went to RC, but I think it started on a Mon or Tue, and ended on a Thur. Even all the other hunts, started during the week and ended during the week. Even missed a couple hunts because I either didn't have vacation days or couldn't get vacation days for it. And to tell the truth, I have never noticed the ones that go thru a weekend. I look at the start date, then my work schedule to see whether I'm on shift or off. Not a lot of hunts were during my days off And when my days off are always Thur thru Wed, seems like they start on a Tue and end on a Fri.
        So far this year, I think I've only seen a couple of hunts where if I did draw, I could hunt it the entire time. Those will be the ones I will apply for. That will leave you and all the rest better odds of drawing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          That's what I'm talking about, the start dates. All the ones I've been on and applied for starts during the week.
          I don't remember the year I went to RC, but I think it started on a Mon or Tue, and ended on a Thur. Even all the other hunts, started during the week and ended during the week. Even missed a couple hunts because I either didn't have vacation days or couldn't get vacation days for it. And to tell the truth, I have never noticed the ones that go thru a weekend. I look at the start date, then my work schedule to see whether I'm on shift or off. Not a lot of hunts were during my days off And when my days off are always Thur thru Wed, seems like they start on a Tue and end on a Fri.
          So far this year, I think I've only seen a couple of hunts where if I did draw, I could hunt it the entire time. Those will be the ones I will apply for. That will leave you and all the rest better odds of drawing!!!
          I hear you. When I started my current job I was drawn for Richland Archery and didn't have any vacation time.

I squirrel up my vacation time for the fall anticipating that I might be drawn for one of these hunts and of course now, most of them are weekday hunts not even starting or stopping on a weekend. I have been pretty fortunate to be drawn several times over the last fourteen years. Last year was the first time in five years that I wasn't drawn for something.

Hoping that I can draw an antlerless hunt with ten PP. I lost my last lease and 60 acres with my BIL, sister, and nephew gets a little crowded.

Comment

0-3!!!! I am keeping my streak alive. LOL

Comment

Up. Who else is having luck?

Comment

We got drawn for Javalena on the Chap, the weekend of February 8th. Haven’t hunted there in about 15 years , should be a great time! We’ll be in the camping area that allows generators, hope we have some other TBHers along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                  How often do they actually do the drawing? Is there a period of weeks or something? I checked again this morning and I'm still 0-1 of 6 total.
                  Usually the day after the deadline to apply. I got notified for LNWR Archery Deer three days after the deadline that I drew. First time, got lucky but that's a helluva hunt with a ton of permits to give out.
                  For the second draw, it's the day after the deadline for first draw "winners" to pay which is 8/25 for the deadlines that were 8/15. Check the status on the site and it'll tell you the deadlines for application, and you can figure out from there roughly. Looks like its 7-10 days to pay for the permit after being drawn.
                  Don't forget about standby...

Comment

0-4 I put in for a turkey hunt in the spring.

Comment

Just got drawn for private lands either sex on Terrell County Ranch.

Comment

0-22 so far this year! Unusual, we usually draw something!

Comment

0-5!!!!

Only thing left is spring turkey hunts.

Comment

0 for 2 so far for me, one says pending 2nd draw. I'm not very optimistic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pending 2nd draw on Chaparral management and Aransas NWR. Sure says application received on everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0/5 ---- Again!

Comment

Working...
                                X