Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for him!

Comment

We are still seeing deer almost every time we go out, but the buck are few and far between. In my part of the county the rut was from late October until Early November. This is when all the chasing occurred and most buck were shot. Late November through early December was active but not near the first rut. In the past week I’ve seen a lot of activity but even then not many bucks moving. They’ve either gone nocturnal or have moved off property. I’m seeing a ton of does but most bucks remaining are the younger ones. However I’m seeing bucks feeding roadside all over the place.

Comment

Well yesterday I had lots of movement. First the hogs were out and I missed a big boar after my arrow hit a limb. Then around 5:50 4 bucks walked out into the hay field 500 yards away and all I could do was watch. Have a few up and comers and my shooters I did have there was no pattern, so until next season.

Comment

Season was over for me new year’s day. Funeral this weekend on my wife’s side I f the family. I did shoot a second bobcat New Year’s Eve, but it was getting dark and I couldn’t find him in the thick brush. Went out Tuesday and found him 50 feet from where we were looking.

Comment

Working...
          X