Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Broken Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSS!!!

Geez!!

How many of yall shoot pigs and let em lay? How many shoot yotes and let em lay? Tell me what the difference is between a suffering pig or a deer? Is one animal better than the other? Does one deserve to suffer less? NO...lIf an animal is suffering, put it down. Would you let your dog suffer if he was hit by a car and had a bad leg? He's still a dog right? Every day, every night.

If you see an animal that is suffering, with no chance of getting better, put them down and keep your mouth shut. You get in trouble is when you start running your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspro View Post
      They will get to eat it. Just sooner rather than later.
      Exactly.

Comment

i probably would have put it out of its misery and let the yotes pigs and worms get a early start on her...you wouldnt be a poacher in most peoples book...just a good man that thought he was doing what is right

Comment

Sometimes it's hard to accept, but nature's way may be best.

Comment

Amen

Comment

That deer would not be suffering tonight had I seen it. I would also gladly accept a ticket if need be.

Comment

My inlaws live in a subdivision North of Canyon Lake and, every year have multiple deer that turn up in the neighborhood lame. Most are from being struck by cars.

My mother-in-law names them (and feeds them) and the amazing thing is some survive and heal to the point you would never know.

That being said, I probably would chose the SSS method if the circumstance allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat07 View Post
                  Out of the question, people doing what they want like this is why we have such stiff hunting regs now. Thank you for that pal.
                  Easy there guy. For me it's not a matter of legal or illegal. It's a matter of doing what is right. I "know a guy" who has found several deer with broken legs (hit by cars) in bar ditches along highways and he just shot them and went on his way. He has talked with several game wardens about it and none had a problem with it. Why should finding one out in the pasture be any different? I actually have to question anyone who wouldn't take care of business. Thank you for that, pal.

And Shaft, I really don't consider that poaching.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                    well, if you hadnt sen her, it would still be broken. she has to be a deer every day and night, regardless of her health. if she is too slow then she will get eaten by faster predators. If not she will find a way to survive. Let nature take its course without human intervention is what I say!!
                    But God gas us the gift of cognitive thought and compassion...I would have put both to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jsk View Post
                      Sometimes it's hard to accept, but nature's way may be best.
                      Yup

Comment

God also gave nature the way to deal with the lame, sick and weak. Without intervention if God had intended for this deer to live, she would even with a broken leg...... So because we can see it and feel bad, humans say "that deer is suffering", when they are not capable of that emotion. Pain yes, suffering NO, so let God's plan take full effect, and if she dies of predation or other natural causes then so be it. Shooting her is neither compassionate nor legal at this time. IMO it is selfish and greedy to think a bullet is better than Gods system.

Comment

I can't believe what I am seeing here!!! God help your parents if they get cancer or your spouses if they get a bad case of the sniffles

Nature takes care of it's own. If it is in season and you want to use your tag on it, then fine. I would do that if it was in season and I saw one hurt, but there is no reason to break the law (and yes it is illegal, even if most GW's will turn the blind eye... allegedly) for an animal. I respect the quarry and I respect the hunt, but I also respect the law. It is an animal, and nature provides a great equalizer for it.
                          IMHO this is what's gone so wrong with the world now. This logic is what has lead to more welfare programs, more labels on hair dryers that say "don't use in a shower or bath tub, and more warning signs on a cup of coffee that tell it is hot. The strong survive and the weak don't. I don't see anyone on here signing up to go to Africa or even a homeless shelter and shoot a bunch of starving or hurt people so we can not have to "see them suffer"
                          It doesn't make it right if you put something out of it's "misery" just because you feel bad about it happening. If you had shot it and broke it's leg, or hit it with your truck, then you are responsible and I can see the feeling, but if you didn't it is nature's way. Nature will take care of it, no need to play God.

Just my opinion, but I say it isn't your duty to put it out of it's misery, just because it is hurt. That is nature's duty

Comment

I do not feel it is poaching either but on the other hand I don't know if I would put the deer down.
                            Last edited by brunner; 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM.

Comment

So the next time you need medical attention, you are going to seek it?:
                              Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              God also gave nature the way to deal with the lame, sick and weak.
                              Are you a Scientologist?

Comment

Originally posted by Txag96 View Post
                                I can't believe what I am seeing here!!! God help your parents if they get cancer or your spouses if they get a bad case of the sniffles

Nature takes care of it's own. If it is in season and you want to use your tag on it, then fine. I would do that if it was in season and I saw one hurt, but there is no reason to break the law (and yes it is illegal, even if most GW's will turn the blind eye... allegedly) for an animal. I respect the quarry and I respect the hunt, but I also respect the law. It is an animal, and nature provides a great equalizer for it.
                                IMHO this is what's gone so wrong with the world now. This logic is what has lead to more welfare programs, more labels on hair dryers that say "don't use in a shower or bath tub, and more warning signs on a cup of coffee that tell it is hot. The strong survive and the weak don't. I don't see anyone on here signing up to go to Africa or even a homeless shelter and shoot a bunch of starving or hurt people so we can not have to "see them suffer"
                                It doesn't make it right if you put something out of it's "misery" just because you feel bad about it happening. If you had shot it and broke it's leg, or hit it with your truck, then you are responsible and I can see the feeling, but if you didn't it is nature's way. Nature will take care of it, no need to play God.

Just my opinion, but I say it isn't your duty to put it out of it's misery, just because it is hurt. That is nature's duty

That's funny...I think the same thing about the opinion of those who wouldn't shoot it.

Comment

Working...
                                X